Need help mounting scope to remington sendero

cbaker

I have a 25-06 sendero that I just picked up. I had leupold bases, with one dovetail and one adjustable windage. I just went to double dovetail with burris signature rings. . .However, I can not get it straight with the barrel. The local gunsmith attempted to get it lined up, but it is pointing to the left, thus shooting to right. Even if I use all of my elevation, I can't get it centered. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance. Chris

I ran into the same problem with a 7mm stw stainless tried a one pice badger pinikey 20 moa. this helped a little. the real problem is that the mounting screws are tapped crooked you could see they were wrong by lining up the screws . Sent the gun to Cortalane Sports to have it re tapped to the larger screws and seings that the gun was there might as well get it accurised and put on a 30" match grade barrel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

did you use the inserts that came with the rings . You should be able to get 20moa left or right Ihad the same prob. thats why i got the rings. good luck marlow

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.