Need help...LR Shooting in OR?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Magnum61, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Magnum61

Magnum61 Well-Known Member

I'm in need of a LR shooting spot in OR. I just confirmed on a Tag and I need to start shooting and working up loads. All of my old spots are 300 miles from me now.

Anybody willing to help?

2. padd54

padd54 Well-Known Member

Where are you located? There are a few ranges that have up to 1k yards.

3. rugerdog5

rugerdog5 Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering also. Where are you from? I'm always looking for people to shoot with. I'm in the seaside area. I have shot at most of the clubs in the north W.Valley so I can also tell you a bit about those also.

4. Magnum61

Magnum61 Well-Known Member

I'm in Beaverton... I've been trying to get on the ranges around here but they dont have memberships open, the last time I checked.

I wish I could just find a good logging road with a canyon.

5. rugerdog5

I know a couple places out off hwy 26 the most I can get is about 500 yards. I know a couple places out in esticada I can get to about 700.

6. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is an awesome range and they have 1,000yds there now. When I was there in the 80s they only had 800yds but it was still one of the nicest ranges I've shot on. It's just east of Boring.

Gordon

7. gcamp54

gcamp54 Well-Known Member

Check this web page out. It has about 25 different ranges listed throughout Oregon. One thing about shooting long range, you need to get used to traveling in some places of the country. Good luck.

Gordon

Oregon Shooting Ranges

8. rugerdog5

Doug. Ridge is a very nice range I shot alot of high power out there but if you want to shoot 1 k you can only do it on certain days and you have to have someone to pull targets for you as well

9. 4th_point

4th_point Well-Known Member

Try going out and exploring Tillamook State Forest. There's some areas off of HWY 6 that are good for practice. Before you go, do some scouting with satellite images.

Just remember that there are OHV trails that snake through the forest, and you cannot shoot over a trail or road.

Good luck and have fun.

10. Willys46

Willys46 Well-Known Member

pm Sent!