Need help in choosing brand of brass for 260 Rem.

jimwest

Handloading with Starline brass and am pleased with my results. Need another 100 cases to be able to compete in a monthly 2 stage 600- and 1000-yard match. Last weekend with only 100 loaded rounds found myself with little to spare for sight-in shots. Managed to get SD of 11.5 out of the Starline brass. Not excellent, but good enough to keep me at sub MOA at both 600 and 1000. So, do I purchase another 100 cases of Starline or go with Lapua or Peterson brass? I'm leaning towards the Peterson, but would like to hear from others.

I've had good luck with Starline 260 brass. I don't know your case prep regime. First I'll fl size, no expander. Then do a full primer pocket procedure, then uniform (expand) necks and trim to length. I'll then weigh cases to get a uniform batch.
Good luck in your upcoming match.

Paritial to Lapua brass with mine, close weight tolerance and tight primer pockets for many reloads. I used norma and wasn't impressed.

If you swap brass headstamps, you need to swap it all. Meaning if you want 200 loaded rounds, you will have to buy 200 pcs and tweak your load again. Do not mix headstamps.
If your Starline is giving you acceptable results, buy 100 more and run them. If you want to try an improve brass consistency, switch and buy 200 pcs. Here would be my choice in order of preference.
Lapua
ADG
Alpha
Petersons

I have used lots of different brands of brass in my 260, 260AI, 7/08, 7/08 AI and 308 and so far the lapua has gave the best SD,s And Velocities. The Lapua has also been the most consistent In weight and durability.

I still use some of the other brands, but always rely on the Lapua for best overall performance. It is my go to brass If they make the cartridge.

Just My Opinion

J E CUSTOM

I have 200 pcs of Lapua 260 brass and am running them Pretty hard. 3010 FPS with 130's. They are On their 4th firing and primer pockets are still okay. They are very consistent. Cannot speak to any other brands.

Lapua costs more but it's worth in for competition shooting. Peterson makes quality brass and costs less. I'm on my ninth reload of Peterson 6.5 Creedmoor brass and the primer pockets are as tight as the first load.

Lapua costs more but it's worth in for competition shooting. Peterson makes quality brass and costs less. I'm on my ninth reload of Peterson 6.5 Creedmoor brass and the primer pockets are as tight as the first load.
good info. everyone seems to agree that Lapua is on top. but I will consider Peterson with the small primer pocket option.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.