Need help for setting up an Open Sight System for CVA Paramount

dave300

88410918-154C-4759-8F8E-602B491AB045.png
Hello all,
I expect to have my Paramount in hand by the weekend and a forum member was kind enough to assist with getting the open sight setup list posted, (SEE PICTURE), however the Williams shorty shotgun ramp in .815 radius, 1/8" has been discontinued.
I have called and spoke with the Williams rep and he was not happy that the .815 was discontinued and the .875 was kept in production, and I was wondering with the information provided on the photo that I could get some wisdom to get me setup with a open sight system?
***I was also wondering if I used the same Williams Shotgun Shorty Ramp but in .875" and just bedded the sight to take up the difference in the radius of the barrel? (Barrel reported to be .850).
***Or as mentioned, receive direction in a different setup all together?
I do realize that the front will need to be tapped which will take place with the brake install.
Thanks all!

68E85306-C457-4AC4-971A-DAA874DFEF93.png
Or would a sight system like this allow a better sight picture and avoid the front blade/sight from covering up the Deer/Elk at further distance?
Thanks for any input, Dave

I received the parts to do this, however the front ramp dove tail cut out and the globe sight male portion dove tail cut out are not built with acceptable mating tolerances.
The Lyman globe sight at the marble ramp are sloppy when joined, so sloppy the globe sight just falls thru the female portion of the ramp.
Both parts have been requested and sent to Lyman last week for their review, and to assist accommodating a useable fit/mating surface.
I'll update this thread once I hear back from Lyman whom were very welcoming on assisting me.,

I received the parts to do this, however the front ramp dove tail cut out and the globe sight male portion dove tail cut out are not built with acceptable mating tolerances.
The Lyman globe sight at the marble ramp are sloppy when joined, so sloppy the globe sight just falls thru the female portion of the ramp.
Both parts have been requested and sent to Lyman last week for their review, and to assist accommodating a useable fit/mating surface.
I'll update this thread once I hear back from Lyman whom were very welcoming on assisting me.,
Hey Dave300,
Old thread here but I'm curious if you ever found a solid solution for this. I'm currently trying to figure out a good open sight setup for a Paramount as well.

Hello, parts were a bear to source and lots of back and forth with marbel and williams.
Front sight ramp from marbel arms, the low one... .100 I believe
Williams fixed rear peep for a Remington 700 action.
I had to have a gunsmith drill and tap the end for the sight ramp. Lyman 17a globe front sight and lee shaver target inserts, the inserts are kinda a pedo al preference.
sorry I couldn't be of much more help and please revisit this thread to update me on your progress?

Went thru a similar setup experience with a CVA Optima. Read different forum recommendations but ultimately found the Marbel ramp and Lee 17 front very difficult for my 56 year old eyes to see a target (with Lee Shaver fine crosshairs insert). Also, the dovetail fit was very poor. I shimmed the ramp dovetail with a layer of aluminum coke can to firm it up but ultimately ran out of WGRS rear aperture sight elevation adjustment to shoot better than -8" at 109 yds.
Switched to TruGlo universal muzzleloader "fiber optic" setup and see a lot more target and more importantly able to group reasonably. Did have to enlarge the rear ramp slot with a drill to get the CVA screws through the ramp.

Recent Posts