Need help finding barrel

puggy

Hello I have a rem 700 stainless bdl SA I need to find a stainless take off barrel or new one like to keep it 7mm-08 but may consider other other calibers but like the 7mm-08 please let me know or other options u guys think of. Thanks troy.

Hello I have a rem 700 stainless bdl SA I need to find a stainless take off barrel or new one like to keep it 7mm-08 but may consider other other calibers but like the 7mm-08 please let me know or other options u guys think of. Thanks troy.

It sounds like you just have the action? Several of the barrel makers will fit one of their barrels and chamber it to your liking. I would contact one of them and you will likely end up with a better shooting rifle than if you just screwed another factory barrel on your action. Try "Benchmark" and have them quote you a price.........Rich

It sounds like you just have the action? Several of the barrel makers will fit one of their barrels and chamber it to your liking. I would contact one of them and you will likely end up with a better shooting rifle than if you just screwed another factory barrel on your action. Try "Benchmark" and have them quote you a price.........Rich
I'll echo everything Rich said. Benchmark, Pac-Nor, Hart, Montour County Rifles, Long Rifles, Inc. Any of those would be able to provide the same services as Rich described. We also have several in-house gunsmiths that frequent here on the forum, that I'm sure would also be able to help you out. JE Custom, Kirby Allen, Chase Curtis, etc...

Thanks for the response rich. I got the gun. Cheap a few years ago for some reson the shank of the barrel was cut of and rechambered and treaded the head space is a little loose. I gust don't know what contor to get get a sporter barrel or just do a heavy barrel for target I will look in to some barrels like to not sped to much

Thanks for the response rich. I got the gun. Cheap a few years ago for some reson the shank of the barrel was cut of and rechambered and treaded the head space is a little loose. I gust don't know what contor to get get a sporter barrel or just do a heavy barrel for target I will look in to some barrels like to not sped to much
If it were my rifle (I don't mind toting around a heavy barreled rifle), I would find a Bartlein 5R 7mm 1:9 twist in a Rem Varmint/Sendero countour, and have it finished-out at 26". You will love the 7mm-08 even more than you already do, because you will be able to shoot the big heavy 180gr bullets to really reach on out and hit targets and still carry the energy way out there. It's basically the same equivilent to those of us who shoot heavies in the .308 Win. Or you could shoot the 168 VLD's and have a great whitetail load that's got a great combination of speed and energy.

Thanks for the response runrunner I'd love a barrel like that but there like 350 400 bucks the what the gunsmith charges to cut and install the barrel. I'd like to sped that much just over my price range. Not many smith's by me in ny at lest no good one

Thanks for the response runrunner I'd love a barrel like that but there like 350 400 bucks the what the gunsmith charges to cut and install the barrel. I'd like to sped that much just over my price range. Not many smith's by me in ny at lest no good one

Well they sure don't give them away. Keep an eye on the classifieds and maybe find a decent blank or barrel. Either way you're going to have to pay a smith. It is not uncommon to mail your action to a smith for work. My smith here in NM has done work for guys in Australia.

Thanks for the reply docdoc ya I am thinking of that right at my price range 300 buck for the 7mm-08 in 26 inch varmint just need more info on the notch u have to cut in the action if any one have experience with these will be helpful thank.troy

I have not put together the Remington version, but the Savage only takes a few tools, the gauges for your cartridge, and a few minutes work.

Give Jim Briggs a call at Northland Shooter Supply.

Unless you can do the work yourself, you are going to be spending close to $600. (at least $500). The barrel alone will cost $300-$350.........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.