Need help choosing some accessories

JDBraddy

I have a Stiller Tac-338, 29" MTU profile barrel with 3" comp, McRee chassie, Total overall length is 53",
15039203902_c74769ddfb_b.jpg

I am having trouble finding a soft case large enough to hold this rifle. I also need a bipod for it. It's a heavy rifle, so I need something beefier than my Harris bipod, but more compact than some of the F-Class style bipods. I was looking at the Sinclair Tactical/Varmint, Atlas, Accu-Shot, etc.... haven't actually seen or been able to handle any of these, just seen them online or in a catalogue, so I need some practical reviews, also any other reccomendations would be appreciated. Thanks, JDBraddy

Hey JD,
Look at the Voodoo tactical 60" BMG drag bag and the Sierra S7 bipod, Both killer products and not crazy expensive. I currently use both and while the Voodoo is made overseas the quality is there and if you have a prob they honor their lifetime warrranty well. As far as the S7 bipod, they rock! The legs are spring loaded steel and have 180 degrees rotation as well as pan and cant. The only down side is they are 3 lbs... But thats a big gun. Mine was on a 375 RUM and now its permanent home is on my Cheytac.
Chris
Benchmark

I too have a vary similar set up. I use the Midway dragbag that Barrelnut suggested. It fits fine with the butt stock folded in. I haven't used a b-ipod yet, but I too have been looking at the Sinclair.

I too have a vary similar set up. I use the Midway dragbag that Barrelnut suggested. It fits fine with the butt stock folded in. I haven't used a b-ipod yet, but I too have been looking at the Sinclair.

I've had one of the Midway dragbags for a few years and so far so good. My rifle was 53" and 16+ pounds. I also store my tripod, scpotting scope, ammo, tools, and shooting accessories. Just used it to carry, never used it as an actual drag bag so I cannot comment on it's actual durability.

How much does your rifle weigh? It sure looks good, how's it shoot?

I like the Bald Eagle large rifle case, under 60.00 bucks.
designed for f-class type long bbl rifles and plenty of room for tall turrets

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.