NEED HELP / BUYING NEW SCOPE

NDNmojoman

Ok fellow shooters. The boss (Wife) gave me the go ahead to buy a new scope for me Bergara BMP 6.5 Creedmoor. Price range up to around 1,500. I know this is a loaded question but, what scope should I go with? Been looking at the Vortex Viper, Leupold, Nightforce range however, haven't been around the long range scene long enough to know what is best at this price range. Im smart enough to ask questions from you all who have the experience. I will probably only get to do this one time so all Help is appreciated. Will more than likely be maxed out around 1K yrds but would like to work at that Mile shot eventually. What are the current match shooters using? Think I want a 1st focal plain at least 30mm tube and 50mm Obj. I have seen some Labor day sales still running so looking to buy fairly quick. What so you all think?
Thanks,

I have the Bergara 6.5 creedmoor in the Hunter. I bought a 3-15x56 VX5HD to put on it. Lightweight, 38 MOA adjustment, zero lock. It was on the Bergara for one day, shot it, and immediately pulled it off, and put it on my go to hunting rifle to replace my vortex viper 6-24, glass was far superior in my Opinion and I liked the eye relief better. It might get you out to 1200 yards wit with dialing, but you could get the TMOA reticle and then you could stretch it out to a mile. The gun you bought isn't a hunting rifle but for the cost, I think I paid $850 for my Scope, I was very happy with it.

I really like my leupold lrp 6.5-20. Around 1k$ they all get quite comparable. The only vortex scopes I've looked through and liked the glass on were razors. Burris veracity and xtr2 are good options, sightron s3, leupold lrp, Zeiss v4. Bushnell dmr 2. Get one with a mil or Moa reticle, not a ballistic reticle

I would take a hard look at the SWFA 5-20 HD. It is one hell of a scope for the money. Best eyebox and eye relief I've ever found on a scope, for my eyes at least. Excellent glass and turrets. Only downside is no zero stop, but at 10 mils per rotation, you wont be dialing past 1 rotation a lot. I'd buy the noon-lluminated model myself. I like it much better than the Nightforce HSVs, VX 5 HD or the V4 Zeiss.

Ok fellow shooters. The boss (Wife) gave me the go ahead to buy a new scope for me Bergara BMP 6.5 Creedmoor. Price range up to around 1,500. I know this is a loaded question but, what scope should I go with? Been looking at the Vortex Viper, Leupold, Nightforce range however, haven't been around the long range scene long enough to know what is best at this price range. Im smart enough to ask questions from you all who have the experience. I will probably only get to do this one time so all Help is appreciated. Will more than likely be maxed out around 1K yrds but would like to work at that Mile shot eventually. What are the current match shooters using? Think I want a 1st focal plain at least 30mm tube and 50mm Obj. I have seen some Labor day sales still running so looking to buy fairly quick. What so you all think?
Thanks,
If you are looking to shoot out to a mile eventually the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56mm FFP gives you big bang for you buck. Comparable to the Nightforce 5-25x56mm F1 but $1250 less. LOW in Japan makes both scopes. Only draw back is the 10 year warranty is only honoured in Poland at present. Build quality is tier one and tracking is excellent.

If you are interested, these guys sell them in Canada. Prices are in CAD so if you do the math you can buy it for about $1750 USD.... a little more than your budget but big, big bang for your buck.

www.hirschprecision.com

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.