Need help buying my 1st scope. Which one do I get?

Hello, trying to purchase my 1st rifle scope. Its going on an AR-10 chambered in 300 WSM with a 26 inch barrel. I'm guessing I will be able to go over 1000 yards
I'm questioning your current ability to hit at 1000 yards. What is the farthest shot You have currently made?

More importantly, tell us about this AR….Barrel? trigger? tuned gas… how?

I want a front focal plane, illuminated reticle, locking turrets I think, and maybe the turrets that return to zero real easy like they stop once you hit the set zero, good glass quality, great tracking, and a lifetime warranty. Basically all the good features. I also want to stay around 1000 bucks.
Basically, your post makes me think of 3 scopes:
This is a great optic, but I haven't used it. I keep buying the next ones in this list!

This Is a true $1000 optic. It performs better than it's current price. I have this for targets and the 3-15x for hunting. Both great scopes.

IME…this is your next step up where you will notice the difference.

I would be happy with 1000.
Well, then don't look at this scope…..😂

Asking to the group….would you buy the PST Gen 2 5-25x or spend the whole $1000 on something else?

I would buy the PST myself.

Get the Burris XTRIII 3.3-18x50 illuminated. You can get them for $1049 at Liberty Optics. Put in cart for price.

Asking to the group….would you buy the PST Gen 2 5-25x or spend the whole $1000 on something else?

I would buy the PST myself.
I'd buy one of the Trijicons that's on sale at EuroOptic and not even think twice about the PSTII. All Japanese ED glass and all made in Japan and is much nicer IMO. No Chinese or Philippines garbage.

Last edited:
Get the Burris XTRIII 3.3-18x50 illuminated. You can get them for $1049 at Liberty Optics. Put in cart for price.

$899 no tax and free shipping

I'm questioning your current ability to hit at 1000 yards. What is the farthest shot You have currently made?

More importantly, tell us about this AR….Barrel? trigger? tuned gas… how?

Basically, your post makes me think of 3 scopes:
This is a great optic, but I haven't used it. I keep buying the next ones in this list!

This Is a true $1000 optic. It performs better than it's current price. I have this for targets and the 3-15x for hunting. Both great scopes.

IME…this is your next step up where you will notice the difference.

Well, then don't look at this scope…..😂
I don't have the ability to shoot 1000 yards. But the gun might. It's a Deadshot barrel, 26 inches, bull profile which I think is .936 inches in diameter, 1:10 twist, it's not fluted, it had their magnum length gas system on it, can't think of how long that was off the top of my head. Maybe rifle +2, and an adjustable gas block. It has a Larue 2 stage curved trigger in it for 100 bucks. Rifle is not put together yet, still gotta order a handguard and find some time on a weekend to assemble it. Unfortuanatly I have no idea how far my longest shot is. Maybe 250 yards.

To the OP...
are-you-serious-spiderman.gif