Need heavy barrel

MH90

I just bought a remington 700 SPS in .300 win mag, and i wanna get a heavy barrel for it. anybody know where to get one?

Northland shooting supply or packnor do remington drop in barrels with a savage type nut. If you want a conventional install: find a good gun smith and tell him what you want. Welcome aboard.

Why would you want a heavy barrel on an SPS?
Most likely you will need a new stock and a new barrel depending on the profile of the new barrel.
You will most likely need the action trued when the smith puts the new barrel on. Course then you'll need a new trigger and some great optics. Probably need some kind of ballistic program for your iPhone. No iPhone or droid? New phone too.
:D
Watch out this gets addictive but is a great way to destroy 1000 yard rocks.

I have them in-stock in 10 and 11 twist 5R's, just give me a call!
360-652-2594
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

i can vouch for benchmark producing good shooting barrels.
i have also seen quite a few standard bdl stocks with some pretty heavy barrels and still look pretty good. certainly varmit weight is doable.

i have also seen quite a few standard bdl stocks with some pretty heavy barrels and still look pretty good. certainly varmit weight is doable.
x2. northland, get a barrel chambered and ready with nut, good to go. no smith

We make our own smooth remmy nut and drop-in barrel system also. You can get it for trued and un-trued receivers. They use the sav smooth wrench.
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.