Need gunsmith

stevescg80

Ok ive narrowed this down to a 6br or 257AI I have a short rem 700 action and would like to ship it off end of next week.Is there any gunsmith here that can barrel this in say 2-3 months? The gunsmith I normally use is about 6 months behind and I want to take this rifle to wyoming in september for some speed goats lol

Thanks
Steve

Gunsmith

I personaly use Nathan Dagley , he is as good if not better than any smith out their , his prices are very good and his turn around time is awsome , I'm pretty sure he can get done what you need.

As for your caliber choices , If the 257ai and the 6BR were the only two choices you had I certainly use the 257 Ai , but if your willing to look at another round the 6.5x47 Lapua necked down to 6mm will bridge the gap between the 6mm-06 and the 6mmBR , basicaly doing what the 243 ackley does but with less powder and a shorter case.

Here is a link to Nate's web site , he has been have some trouble with his e-mail server lately so it may be best to call him

Welcome To My Website

Exactly what all are you looking to have done? Do you have the barrel and stock in hand?

If you don't, depending on which barrel mfg. you want to use your looking at a 8-10 week wait for that. Same thing with the stock, a Mcmillan will run 8-12 weeks, Joel Russo stocks are running about 1 month I believe, but the finish spray takes about 3 weeks to dry correctly.
I'm very busy, but, if you have the barrel and stock in hand I can have your rifle put together in your time frame or sooner since you need it for a hunt. You can check out the prices and what all I offer at
Montour County Rifles
If you have any questions give me a call during the day from 8am - 1pm any day of the week, or shoot me an e-mail to [email protected]

I have the barrel, action, tactical bolt handle and heavy duty recoil lug in hand I will do all stock work I just need the barrel chambered, installed,crowned, and polished to 320 because its going to be coated and will be blasted before hand want it chambered for 257 AI

Steve,
It sounds like you have everything in order. I have the .257 AI reamer on hand and can have all the work you mentioned in your last post done and back to you in 1 month or probably less since there will be no action blueprinting or stock work. Did you have a specific neck diameter in mind? I'll have to pull my reamer later tonight and double check the neck diameter to make sure what I have is what you might want, I can't remember exactly which neck diameters I have. Cost $185 plus return shipping. Includes Thread, Chamber, Crown, Fit, 400 grit Finish, and Engraving of Cartridge and Neck Diameter.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.