Need Gunsmith Who wants my money?

TheBlackPearl

SWM seeking a advenurous gunsmith to do the almost impossible, inlet a manner stock blank to fit a weatherby mark V. Perferibly from the northwest and might be interested in threesomes (more than one gun get your mind out of the gutter). Only inquire if your not to busy building long range guns and getting very rich with a 6 month waiting period (like all the gunsmiths and stock makers of the world). haha this should be interesting!!

I'm fairly positive if I was a gunsmith, I'd immediately ignore this thread. I hope custom gunsmiths make a good living commensurate with their talents, but I don't think any of them are "getting very rich." I sure as hell wouldn't want you as a customer. Just sayin.

Seems like the guy is just looking for someone who isn't booked up for 6 months. I think the getting rich comment was just a sarcastic jab at how busy smiths these days are. This is why there really needs to be a sarcasm font!
If I was a smith I'd take ya up on it. I like people that approach things with a sense of humor.
If there's anyone around you that has an idea of what they're doing with a vertical mill, they could probably inlet it for you without too much trouble. Might be the easiest way to fast track your work.

my frustration got the better part of me fellas. I don't have a problem with anybody getting rich it was more of a jab at a few around here. they don't even want to talk to you if you don''t want to buy a complete gun and nobody does any gunsmithing around here!!

my frustration got the better part of me fellas. I don't have a problem with anybody getting rich it was more of a jab at a few around here. they don't even want to talk to you if you don''t want to buy a complete gun and nobody does any gunsmithing around here!!

I'll help you:

I'm frustrated, I can't seem to find a gunsmith in my area that has time to do an in letting job. Does anyone here know of a smith that I should use. I am in the NW and would like to stay as close to home as possible. Or perhaps one of the smiths that hangs out here would like the job.

Accept my sarcasm in good fun. Because your 1st post wasn't winning points with potential smiths.

Steve

Have you called Shawn, Kevin, Kirby, Nate, myself, or Chad and asked if this work can be fast tracked thru their scheduale? Are you wanting just the inlet? Pillar bedding also? Is the action barreled? Wouldn't Manners inlet it? I have a build scheduale and I have a small items scheduale for the little jobs. I'm sure that some of the other smiths do as well. Have you checked the net for local smiths that can accomplish this task? Joel may have the inlet on his CNC and may-be able to crank it out fast for you.

:)Us guys out here who are getting rich building guns also get paid? to answer questions on the net, talk on the phone for an hour with prospective customers, order material, pack boxes for shipping, and do accounting work and janitorial services. Take the kids to daycare cause mamas out working for our health insurance. :)

I'm not complaining though, I love my job and thats why I do it. Their are plenty of ways to get your work done, I speak for everyone when I say we enjoy all our customers. The ones that are a PITA usually know it and tend to become a very loyal customer.

Merrrrrrhhhhhhheeeeeehhhhhmmmmmmm (sorry, sanding today and my throat is dry. . .

CLICK ON ME: http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f37/stuffs-werkin-good-again-51381/#post350112

DSC_0098.jpg

Inletting is no issue gents.

Try Dave Viers - he bedded my Manners stock to WBy 30-378, added Lilja barrel, and custom trigger - did a great job and the rifle is very accurate. Price was reasonable. Consider the barrel upgrade - well worth it.

Im not a gunsmith but would like to give my 2 cents worth. I know it is frusrating at times to wait but we must have patience. Im a landscaper and know what its like to get busy. With a 2 man operation i can easly in the spring book up for 3 months, but then throw 10 days of rain in the schedule and there goes another month. So now every one gets bumped back a few weeks due to weather and i hear " i guess they don't want my business " Also since i have taken the risk of owning a business i am allowed to choose what job i want to do at times, i think the same way others have chose there carrers in life. Life is what it is and i dont get to excited anymore.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.