Need Gunsmith help!

catorres1

I need a gunsmith, preferably in Central Texas, to put together a rifle for me. The smith I was planning to try is not taking on any new work for the foreseeable future. Trying to build a long range 65 shooter off of a remington action. Need it trued, rebarreled, barrel blued or coated or whatever, stock bedded, maybe a new trigger installed.

Any recommendations of cost effective, but decent builders would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a GAP etc., I am not a competitor either, but don't want a shade tree mechanic either.

I would prefer somewhere in central Texas, but will travel or ship if I have to.

Thanks!

Long Rifles, Inc. (LRI) has been running a special on blueprinting Rem 700 actions and spinning on a barrel. You would need to supply the barrel. They are well-known for quality work and accuracy in the shooting community. Go to Sniper's Hide - Long Range Shooting, Precision Marksmanship, Gear Testing & Reviews - Scout Front Page and look in the "Group Buy" section. Best deal going right now with reasonable turn around times.

Awesome, I will check that out ASAP. Thanks for the help!

I need a gunsmith, preferably in Central Texas, to put together a rifle for me. The smith I was planning to try is not taking on any new work for the foreseeable future. Trying to build a long range 65 shooter off of a remington action. Need it trued, rebarreled, barrel blued or coated or whatever, stock bedded, maybe a new trigger installed.

Any recommendations of cost effective, but decent builders would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a GAP etc., I am not a competitor either, but don't want a shade tree mechanic either.

I would prefer somewhere in central Texas, but will travel or ship if I have to.

Thanks!
There is an old saying "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it right!"

The pros at Straight Jacket Armory in Evanston, Wyoming can help you with all of your needs from truing the action, rebarreling, cutting the chamber, stock in-letting, trigger installation and tuning, cerakote etc. etc. We are a full custom shop and can meet all of your needs. Check out our facebook page and see what our customers are saying and pictures they post of the groups they are shooting from our barrels and custom rifles....

Here to help you shoot the lights out!

StraightShooter77
www.StraightJacketArmory.com
(307) 707-3181 Ext 1

One of my buddies had a 300 PRC built by a smith up in Azle, Tx. Can't remember his name, but a google search would probably find him. I think I remember him telling me he specializes in chassis type rifles, but will do whatever you want. He says his rifle shoots lights out.

Sierra Two Industries in Bismarck, ND has put together 3 rifles for me so far and is in the process of the 4th. He has done all the things you listed to the rifles he has built for me and I'm more than happy with the results. Contact number is 701-425-0710.

I have a few customers that have used Alonzo Custom Rifles (713-283-4384, [email protected]) and were pleased. My customers that have used him shoot long range competitions and are well educated in shooting so I trust their recommendation. Of course it makes it more convenient that he is in my area too.

I wouldn't be be a bad idea to have a final post that collects all of the recommendations into one post at the end. Once I get some time, I may do that for someone who searches for this in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.