Need good precision gunsmith

EXPRESS

I just got back from a Krgyzstan hunt, where my rifle took a bad fall when a horse slipped and fell into a ravine, resulting in what I suspect to be a bent barrel.
So far I have spoken to Mike Bryant in Texas, who is happy to do the work (rebarrel) quickly enough for me to do while I visit a friend, but if I don't get to Texas to visit a friend, Bryant is a little out of the way to get to.
I might be going to New York for a business trip, so are there any good smiths in that area who could do the work over a few days max while I am there?
I woud consider another major city, providing I can get a cheap flight there and then carry on to NY.
You ask why not get it done in here in Italy? Because the only smith in the entire country who I trust with it and who initally built the rifle would take no less than 9 months and charge a ridiculous amount of money for an imported barrel and the labour.
Thanks.
Btw, the Ibex hunt was a great success, but I will post a full report once I get a bit more time.

Last edited:
i don't know of anyone off hand that can do the work that quickly at the moment. The smith I use who does exceptional work is pretty backed up for a while. You can look him up on www.losokcustomarms.com

He does great work, but I don't know if he'd be able to give you the turn around you're looking for.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.