Need compact lightweight scope suggestion

I run a Trijicon Credo 1-6 with the 308 BDC reticle on my Grendel. The BDC marks line up really well with 16" ballistics (123 ELD around 2400). Banging steel out to 500 is no problem and 300 is easy. Mine weighed 18.4 oz. on my scale and the whole package with 10 rd Mag comes in at 7lbs 3 oz. Sounds like yours is a solid pound lighter than mine before optics. Also look at the Nightforce NX8 1-8. Very compact and only 17 oz. You can get demo NX8's from Eurooptic for $1500 if you stretch your budget a bit. The Credos are $800 for SFP and $900 for FFP versions.

Well, I'm a little late here but I think one of the best lightweight scopes ever made for hunting was the Greybull Precision. They're out of production now but they had a nice CDS elevation turret (which you could get for your caliber and bullet), and the first gen Greybull scopes had the range finder ladder for quick shots out to ? 600 yds? I know Greybull used a Leupold scope as it's base, and did 1/3 instead of 1/4 MOA turns, which some thought was a waste, but it was needed for quickly dialing in. I know a guide who told me his 7mm Rem Mag with a Greybull scope accounted for many dead bulls. He'd offer to lend it to his clients after they'd missed with their fancy rigs, and then the next time a bull showed up, they'd use his rig and both he they went away happy with a bull on the ground. Most people who own them don't part with them but they do show up from time to time.

Trijicon is legit. And US made.

Agreed on the first point, I have had accupowers in 1-4 and 3-9. The 1-4 is kinda heavy, but the 3-9 might fit the OP's criteria. Good, rugged scopes!

Some of their scopes are made by Light Optical Works in Japan. Same goes for Nightforce, Vortex Razors and even Bushnell Elites.

This from the trijicon website;

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG®, VCOG®, RMR®, RMR®cc SRO®, MRO®, Iron Sights, MGRS®, CCAS®, Thermal Optics, Ventus™, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA.

Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements. All Trijicon products are designed in Michigan and have the same stringent quality processes applied to them, including the Science of Brilliant™ testing methodology. All Trijicon products are backed by our limited lifetime warranty. Each product is marked according to its origin.

I run the Vortex Razor HD LH 2-10X40 on my 6.8SPC. I have it dialed in on MPBR and it is point and shoot out to 275. The reticle is quick and simple. There are a couple of BDC subtensions that are handy if I need to go a bit further with some hold over (and have). Glass is good. Not a lot negative to say about it. I like that it doesn't feel like a 2.5 pound brick on top of my superlight AR.

Scope weighs just north of 15 ounces and you can get them way under the $999 MSRP.

Big thank you to everyone for your wisdom
. A lot of good information been provide it. I stopped on HD LH 1.5-8 since it would fit perfectly on tiny rifle. Now it's waiting time to get my rifle from Oregun. I'll post pictures after I get my hands on rifle.

I know I'm late to this party, but one of my Leopold's is a vari X 3 2.5 to 8 . I think it weighs about 12 ounces. I use it on my Weatherby Ultralight , in 270 Win. I like it!