Need compact lightweight scope suggestion

My favorites for your purpose:
Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 (what I have on my 6.5G)
Leupold VX-3i/VX-3HD 3.6-8x32
Leupold FX-2 4x33 (one of the nicest scopes for these purposes)
That Vortex Razor 2.5-10x32 mentioned earlier
Any 1-6x or 1-8x… trijicon, nightforce, vortex, Leupold…

…and I second calling CameraLand; they've done really well by me lately.

I need compact, lightweight, with good light transmission scope. That I need to put on my 4.5lb 6.5 Grendel. Not planning to take farther that 300 yards at 8-10" target. BDC is a plus, lower power 2 or less, 1200$ max.

Thank you
Have a VX -R 3-9X50 plex with tiny red dot in center of cross hair. They are no longer making it, now it its in the VX3i scope. Mine is on a CZ 527 in Grendel. Its a killing machine inside350 yards. Also has one turn zero stop dial up. I love it.

I want with no more that 2 at low power
Vortex LHT same weight as mine vx5
Swfa ultralight "good to be true" price to reliability?
Swaro low power hight
Athlon nah, even everyone swear by them
European optics good but heavy
Leupold don't want to listen costumers
So, I'm stuck for now

This is my 20" 6.5 Grendel. I have Nikon mil-dot scope that doesn't seem to add much weight but glass is clear and scope holds zero with some pretty rough treatment. This picture was a 300 yd 1-shot harvest. Sorry for lack of detail, but I've found Nikon to be great for the money. Also Joe's Outfitters has a really good Burris sale going right now. Check it out.

Attachments

• CED7C8B8-0D3A-4A7E-BDDE-35C85BD527C7.jpeg
    CED7C8B8-0D3A-4A7E-BDDE-35C85BD527C7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 73
I would prefer a good set of peep sights to a low powered a scope. Dont know what they weigh but probably less than the scope/mount combo. Since you dont seem to be too impressed with your scope options may be a good way to go. Just sayin'

I would prefer a good set of peep sights to a low powered a scope. Dont know what they weigh but probably less than the scope/mount combo. Since you dont seem to be too impressed with your scope options may be a good way to go. Just sayin'
I was thinking of red dot or compact prism already. I'll run irons on my big horn, but still waiting for it.

I need compact, lightweight, with good light transmission scope. That I need to put on my 4.5lb 6.5 Grendel. Not planning to take farther that 300 yards at 8-10" target. BDC is a plus, lower power 2 or less, 1200$ max.

Thank you
I run the Credo on a couple of gas guns as well as a 35 Whelen carbine. Never an issue on all platforms. Accurate, great battery life, good low light transmission, and accurate turret tracking. See pics.

Attachments

• 49C230B4-779B-4A52-AFCC-99351A619F54.jpeg
    49C230B4-779B-4A52-AFCC-99351A619F54.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 74
+1 for the razor LH 1.5-8x32

I have been through many scopes in the compact/lightweight category.

This is one of my favourites. It's very short, which can create mounting problems on some platforms, but a pic rail or DNZ unimount will take care of that.

Also features nearly 4" of eye relief which can be handy atop a 'snappy' lightweight rifle.

Last edited: