need barrel for mountian rifle

glm

i need a new barrel for my reminginton mountian rifle in 25-06 anyone have any sugestions or info where to find one at a resonable price . i have gunsmith who will install it for me

Have a smith off the site do it. Buy a barrel in the profile you like ship it to the smith send him your rifle and pay him to do the work. Around 180 bucks give or take if you get the same profile.

Pic a barrel from an maker you like I like Lilja and Brux prices start around 250 and go up with the options you pic.

Any though of switching calibers? I think 280 AI sould great
Jon

Pac-Nor does a ltwt barrel that is very close. Also chris will duplicate your contour if you send him your barrel. It is a very good barrel at a reasonable price. Just google pac-nor barrels.

kriegers are around 295. don't scrimp . once you have one you will never go back to a factory barrel

A new take-off barrel in a Rem mountain rifle contour might be a little hard to come by. Not the typical donor rifle that someone would purchase for a project. Lots of custom barrel makers can make one to the exact contour you specify.

Custom barrels can be a little pricey, but they are well worth it. Sniper's Hide has a section on "group buys" where you can sometimes get in on a group order with a 10-20% discount of current prices. I have a Brux on order right now for my Rem model 7: a 2.5 "special designed" contour in chrome-moly which will be fluted. At 22" it should be fairly light weight. Something along those lines might be of interest to you.

GLM,
I have a 270 mountain rifle takeoff barrel I would sell for $50 plus shipping. I bought it used but I don't believe there were many rounds through it. It does have a couple of small scuffs where it was removed and a small rub on the side of the muzzle. Pm me your email if you are interested and I'll send you some pics.
Shummy

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.