Need all your help ... Win 70 or Rem 700

Maximus

Looking for a varmint rig in the 223. Found a couple of interesting rifles, can't decide which one to go with...
First one is a Remington 700P, the other is a Winchester 70 Stealth. The Win is heavier, however that will not bother me. The rate of twist is the same on both rigs, 1 in 9. My question is which one is more accurate, and reiable. Please throw some thoughts and ideas this way.
Thanks!!

Are both weapons new? The barrel must be shorter in the Remington, otherwise the books show the Remington is suppose to be heavier than the Stealth. Are you sure the Remington's twist is 1 in 9?

Per the Winchester website, the Stealth is approx. 10lbs, the 700P is 9lbs. They both have the same barrel length, which is 26". The regular 700VS, VSSF, etc... have a twist rate of 12 I believe, however the 700P has a rate of 9.

Yes, they are both new, however Winchester dropped the 223 in their new line of the Stealth II.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts