Need affordable scope recommendation

What calibre of rifle is it going on. I have ran Nikon for years now on .223, .243, .300 whby mag and .50cal mag muzzle loader. They all served very well under recoil and year to year performance. Three of mine have turrets no zero stop but that's no hold back. Good low light gathering, hold zero and track were I dial them. They have always served very well here in wet nasty weather. There is to many options to mention under $500 and the scope will make a great dual purpose for another rifle. Just a thought Mark your zero on the turret with something permanent that way you will always have a back up scope In the future in case this happens again. Just bring along your .300 blk to have fun and keep camp secure and switch it out when needed. Also BDC Is not that bad but you can get other recital.

Okay long story but I'm waiting for my scope to get home and Leupold isn't sure it's going to be back in time to go elk hunting. I've got a Max of $500 (not $519, $505, $501 or $500.01 ) that I can spend including tax, shipping,... and I really don't want to spend that much. What do you recommend for something to get me by. I can make due with the a marked reticle instead of dials and if it has dials I really want zero stops. I found the Burris E1 4.5-14X42 with the long range moa reticle for $315. Looks tempting and would make a great 22 mag/300 blackout scope once I get done with this. Any other suggestions or insights?

And please no Vortex or Nikon.
I was in the same boat as you, I needed a Long Range Scope on a short range budget.
Fortunately I was able to find one at a place called " Sportsmans Guide " it's an online Sporting Goods store, they even included the mounting rings and offered free shipping.
Good Luck with your Hunt.

Get a Vortex Diamondback FFP 6-24x50 mrad DBK- 10029 from scopelist.com, for get this!, Only $343.99 w/free shipping!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.