Updated with pic, what scope level for Mark 5?

Jeffrthehunter

Just purchased a Leupold Mark 5 5-25 to go on my 7RM long range hunting rifle. With limited choices for a 35mm tube I really like the idea of a Flatline Ops fold out level. Plan on going with Seekins rings and hopefully still have room to go in front of turret with the level. Anyone have experience with that type of level? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SUECDMG/?tag=lrhmag19-20

Last edited:
For that price, you can just get one from mk machining or warne, or vortex. They are all cheaply made. Nothing you can do about it. I wish accuracy 1st had 35mm levels when I had the gen 1 razor.

I have a spuhr mnt,bubble built in on mine.If you run a rail you might find that type.USO use to have a fold out

I suggest you buy a set of the 35mm Hawkins rings that's have a bubble incorporated into the rear ring cap, that's what I did anyways.

I suggest you buy a set of the 35mm Hawkins rings that's have a bubble incorporated into the rear ring cap, that's what I did anyways.
It would be nice if they would actually update their site if they are making 35mm.

I am looking at the Harrells precision to put on my mark 5's.

I follow Hawkins on Instagram, he did the first run of 35mm med rings here a few weeks back. Have them on my 338 rum with a proof sendero and the 56mm obj is tight to the barrel there is clearance but enough that I can't get a flip cover on.

I just set up a mark 5 257wby with talley lightweight and the matching top ring level.
Very simple, nothing to break. 930705 low, anti cant indicator 1aci. Mounted a m8 12x target for the "stay in the truck" antelope gun

I just set up a mark 5 257wby with talley lightweight and the matching top ring level.
Very simple, nothing to break. 930705 low, anti cant indicator 1aci. Mounted a m8 12x target for the "stay in the truck" antelope gun

Not quite what is being talked about here.... the OP is referring to leupold mark 5 scope with 35mm tube... not a weatherby mark 5 rifle.

I recently put a Mark5 3.6-18 on my xbolt. I tried the Talley 20moa pic rail with anti-cant builtin but couldnt see it, so i went with a Flatline Ops flip-out. It works great, and is easy to see. also used Vortex Precision rings (made by Seekins). For my eye relief the only place i had room to mount the flatline was behind the elev turret, so its closer to me than the turret. The flatline has a nice microadjustment for both positions. And i really like that the bubble is open allowing light through, so much easier to see in low light.

I recently put a Mark5 3.6-18 on my xbolt. I tried the Talley 20moa pic rail with anti-cant builtin but couldnt see it, so i went with a Flatline Ops flip-out. It works great, and is easy to see. also used Vortex Precision rings (made by Seekins). For my eye relief the only place i had room to mount the flatline was behind the elev turret, so its closer to me than the turret. The flatline has a nice microadjustment for both positions. And i really like that the bubble is open allowing light through, so much easier to see in low light.
Thanks for the input, I really like the Seekins (Vortex) precision rings so that's what I ordered. I got a little OCD not wanting rings labeled Vortex on my Leupold scope so I ordered directly from Seekins. 🤔I am hoping I can try the level in front of turret, I think I have more room on the 5-25. I will post pics when i get it together.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.