Need advice on new stock

out scoutin'

Hi fellas,

I have a Rem700BDL DM in 338-06, (Shilen barreled) that is currently sitting in its factory synthetic stock. I had the rifle built for my first elk hunt(success came at a 6x7 @60yds) and I really hate the hollow pinging sound the stock makes. The rifle shoots well enough; .2-.3 @ 100yds and about 3MOA avg @600yds, and is only pillar- bedded.
What I have been thinking is purchasing a Bell and Carlson Medalist with the full length bedding block.
Any suggestions on this stock, or any others that may fit my needs would be greatly appreciated.
I am looking for something light, rigid, and quiet for this is my big game rifle.
I am trying to stay in the $500 and under range.(still paying for that elk trip-mostly from the wife!)

Thanks and good shootin'
johnny

MontanaRifleman

The Medalist is my first choice in an after market stock for quality and price. I have never owned one, but I have handled their equivalent on Cooper rifles and they seem to be as good as the HS Precision stocks on my Sendero's for about $100 less. That's my opinion with limited first hand experience, FWIW.

-Mark

Trending threads

Recent Posts