need advice on load work up for 338

Went shooting yesterday.. i loaded up 91 and 91.5 at different seating depths and shot. I didnt shoot any half moa at 400 yards but the wind was blowing from 2 oclock position.. some groups were moa and some were 3/4 moa. I think iam just gona load 91.5. 25 thousands off lands as it was the best a couple weeks ago.... now i just gona need some advice on how to do trajectory validation. Could some of u guys tell me how u do this ..Do i just need to shoot at every 100 yards and mark down my dope for it. Any advice u can give me would be appreciated.

Went shooting yesterday.. i loaded up 91 and 91.5 at different seating depths and shot. I didnt shoot any half moa at 400 yards but the wind was blowing from 2 oclock position.. some groups were moa and some were 3/4 moa. I think iam just gona load 91.5. 25 thousands off lands as it was the best a couple weeks ago.... now i just gona need some advice on how to do trajectory validation. Could some of u guys tell me how u do this ..Do i just need to shoot at every 100 yards and mark down my dope for it. Any advice u can give me would be appreciated.

you can shoot every 100 yards and collect that data, and play with your velocity input on your ballistic program to match the data you have recorded. The shooter app for smartphones, you can get your ballistic chart hit settings and go to trajectory validation, input 5 distances along with the corresponding MOA correction for each distance and it will adjust your ballistics chart for you.

you can shoot every 100 yards and collect that data, and play with your velocity input on your ballistic program to match the data you have recorded. The shooter app for smartphones, you can get your ballistic chart hit settings and go to trajectory validation, input 5 distances along with the corresponding MOA correction for each distance and it will adjust your ballistics chart for you.

Can you give some step by step instructions for this? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Once you select your rifle and ammo, and put in your conditions, then hit calculate.
From there you can select solution,table, or graph.
Select table: once the table comes up, I know on iPhone there is a tab on the top right, not sure about android, hit that button on the top right on an iPhone or menu type button on android I'm guessing:
Once you hit that a menu should pop up allowing you to select between: show lead, email table, or velocity calibration.
Obviously hit velocity calibration: and that's where you should be able to input your information I mentioned, hit calculate and it will give you an adjusted velocity.

My wife helped me do the picture thing today. this is a picture of my groups last week in the wind at 450 yards . the small holes are from fireforming my 243 comp match brass. I took a marker and drew a line from hole to hole in me 338 edge groups there there was different grains powder.

Attachments

• 2012-11-19_19-01-37_683.jpg
    2012-11-19_19-01-37_683.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Yep for sure i googled shooter program ,and there was a page that showed some pictures at the bottom, and it showed the tradjectory validation , but my droid does not display it like in the pictures. MY droid doesn't show tradj-validation at all.

On my edge, I played with the powder charge until I got the best group which happened to have the least vertical. Use 0.5 the rough in the charge weight, then try 0.2 grain difference. Mine had a lot of vertical at 91.7 but 91.8 took it out and 92 just shot a lot bigger group. My hybrids are about 0.020 off the lands

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts