Need Advice On Lightweight 6.5 Creedmoor Build

GunsNgeeks

Hello everyone,

I really want to build a 6.5 Creedmoor. There are, however, some caveats.

First off, I have Muscular Dystrophy and am very weak. I'm not kidding, your 7 year old is probably stronger than me. I can't walk and have very little income these days.

All that being said, I'd like your thoughts on lightweight components for the build. Feel free to share any thoughts, advice, or knowledge you have to give.

I'm hoping to get shooting again as the last couple times I've tried have been very disheartening. I couldn't even present a handgun properly.

I appreciate you all listening and thanks in advance for the advice!!! Dan

it depends a lot on what your trying to accomplish.
Hunting deer ar 300?
Targets at 1000?
How far do you intend to shoot this rifle?
Do you reload?
What is your budget for the rifle?
Does that budget include optics?
What positions can you shoot from?
It's tough to advise on a build without knowing what the build is supposed to do.

It might be a bit tougher for you, but it's not easy for anyone. Don't get discouraged.

If weight is your #1 concern, Honestly it would be tough to get lighter than a Kimber ardonak or mtn ascent, without spending more. Drop on a leupold vx3 3.5-10 or if you want lighter a vx2 3-9x33 compact.

That said any light short action with a #2 contour barrel and a mcm edge, manners elite or similar stock and it will come in light. Just don't add to it with a heavy scope/rings/base.

Start with this. Buy it right now. Before someone else scoops it up. Seriously.

Light as a TI action, and a fantastic start to your build.

One word of caution, building a light rifle can and does add to felt recoil and that might not be a good thing with your condition.
Good luck with your project

ADIRONDACK !

kimber 6.5cm w:o can.jpg

The howa alpine is under 6# I believe, if you can find one in creed, as well as the Barrett fieldcraft.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.