Need advice on light a light recoiling hunting rifle!

Put a break on any of your favorites (well except the big bores☺️) and you should be all set. 7-08 with a break doesn't really kick at all and 300wsm with a break if it has any weight at all is like a light .243 or similar
My wife has had her shoulder replaced twice. We put a break on her 7mm-08 and she loves it.

I recently had surgery on my neck and I'm going crazy not being able to get out shooting! I have rifles from 6.5 CM up to 416 Rigby but nothing that I feel comfortable trying with my neck situation. My favorite two rifles for Hunting are my 7-08 and my 300wsm but those are out of the question for now. I have thought about possibly getting a 223 with a faster twist to be able to shoot 75-80gr. bullet. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks, Alan
6 BRAckley (BRA) suppressed if you can. Pun intended. You can get Berger 108 moving 2700 FPS with approx 30-31 grains of N140 or H4895 in a 24" barrel. Why suppressed? Obvious reason sound reduction is less stressful on the head and neck and also the recoil impulse is slowed and less sharp or jarring. With a break over all movement of the gun can be reduced significantly, but the impulse is still quicker or sharper, sound report is increased for ghe shooter and there is some air blast back. I would imagine when dealing with a neck injury such that the 7/08 would be more recoil than you are ready for the 6mm BR or BRA would be the ticket or the 22 BR if regulations allow hunting with that caliber. Very efficient case design, brass is available and a variety of medium to fast powders work well.

Go find a 250 Savage and be happy.
I'm really glad that someone else has love for the old 250/3000 Savage. For the distance you refered to as your shooting range, it's not only a joy to shoot, but it just plain kills. I have a torn rotator cuff and shooting it is easy. It, and my Tikka 222, are my 'next to the back door guns' for anything that mistakenly wanders past. In the past year it has accounted for coyote, bobcat, deer, and a turkey who simply 'last his mind'.

And with all the 22 caliber talk, don't forget the venerable 220 Swift. With the new Hammers, it deserves a resurgence. Just sayin'…

Depending on your state hunting regs, the 22 caliber rifles may not be an option. If they are legal an AR15 in 224 Valkyrie with a brake would be perfect. Otherwise, a 6 ARC would work. Use the MSR platform, with a brake, and you'd be golden.

I loaded up some 308 with trailboss, to teach my girls to shoot. Almost as much recoil as a 22lr. I would imagine 7-08 would work well too. The hard part is finding some.

You might consider a Ruger American Predator in 243 or 6mm Creedmoor. Very light recoil.....but nothing wrong with a good 22-250 either. I'd like a little tougher bullet for hogs, and the HDW 90gr GMX out of the 6mm Creed would be a good choice. Good luck. On any rifle, a decelerator or limbsaver is much better than most factory pads.

My 30.06 with a muzzle brake has the felt recoil of a .243. If you already have a good shooter check out a muzzle device, even a Witt Machine would save you money.

Alight weight 308 AR and get an adjustable gb, low mass bcg and buffer and you're set. I built 1 this way and recoil is like a 223 or less.
20211028_100043.jpg

I recently had surgery on my neck and I'm going crazy not being able to get out shooting! I have rifles from 6.5 CM up to 416 Rigby but nothing that I feel comfortable trying with my neck situation. My favorite two rifles for Hunting are my 7-08 and my 300wsm but those are out of the question for now. I have thought about possibly getting a 223 with a faster twist to be able to shoot 75-80gr. bullet. So if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks, Alan
Have you thought about putting a muzzle break on the 7-08. Little kids are shooting them with no problem. I know they are noisy but you can always wear ear protection. I build thread protectors so you can remove the break and shoot without it. Food for thought.

Deer, hogs and coyotes out to 250 yards.

Thanks, Alan
After surgery a few years ago I had that problem, I used an AR in .223. I killed a 14 pt Minnesota buck, around 300 lbs. with a single heart shot. A 55 grain soft point blew up his lungs and heart. It works far better than a shotgun slug.14 pt in woods..jpg