Need advice on light a light recoiling hunting rifle!

A fast twist .22-.250 or .22 CM with monolithic bullets. Like 8 twist.

The 62 grain Barnes .224 Tipped Triple Shock should work real good on deers and would penentrate thru most deers on broad-side shots.

Screenshot (255).png

Tikka has a 1:8 twist 22-250:

They seem to come and go, as far as availability. currently on backorder, at the link I posted.

I keep thinking of getting one to run some hammers through.

Ruger American Part# 16959 is another 1:8 twist 22-250 option.
I love Tikka rifles. My 300wsm is a Tikka.

Stock and brake selection make a huge difference. I had a 7mm Rem Mag in a GRS stock (limbsaver pads from the factory) with a Area 419 brake which felt lighter recoiling than the .223 AR's we were shooting it with. Unless you are dying for another rifle or caliber, I would maybe consider giving your 6.5 or 7-08 a little face lift to suit your needs.

I shoot the 109gr Absolute Hammer at 3511 fps in my 6.5-284 Norma and it virtually has no recoil (I do have an Area 419 brake on it). I can't see why you couldn't run the 85gr Hammer Hunter in your Creed or a light 7 mm Hammer in your 7-08 (like Lance stated) to get what you're looking for.

The .223 Rem with a 1-8 twist and 80gr bullet(s) can and will surprise you... Here's mine and I've used it out to 1k in matches. I know you're speaking of a lighter hunting rifle, my point is; out to 600 plus it can be amazing for its caliber. Good Luck and Cheers

View attachment 306865
Now I want one of these...........or should I rephrase that and say I NEED a rifle like this one. Bet it's fun to shoot, too.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Now my problem lies with finding one of these elusive beast. I'll have to get my ffl to try and locate one for me. I'll definitely be getting some of the Hammers in multiple calibers and weights to test out. I'm going to also get my 7-08 threaded and a good brake.

Thanks again, Alan

Put a break on any of your favorites (well except the big bores☺️) and you should be all set. 7-08 with a break doesn't really kick at all and 300wsm with a break if it has any weight at all is like a light .243 or similar

This 👆.

Your 7mm-08 with a brake, and maybe some reduced loads. Several 120gr, 139gr and 140gr will work great for you.

Now I want one of these...........or should I rephrase that and say I NEED a rifle like this one. Bet it's fun to shoot, too.
They are a lot of fun, low recoil, very accurate, easy on the reloading components, and actually a lot more lethal than one might think in the field.
Obviously, there are many other light-recoiling small calibers out there, just not as light, in recoiling, in smaller rifles... and near none in a rifle like mine. Kinda like watching TV when you pull the trigger, motion steady screen. Cheers