Need advice on Edge donor action

that means you have approximately .384 of the shank in your case plus the boat tail. Thant means with the edge the bullet has to be seated just over .050 deeper than with the 338 RUM to fit in the wyatts extended mag box. the edge is .090 longer than the RUM so you do gain about .040 and some change case length with the edge. from the guy that stand point of a guy that needs everything its worth it probably but from an economical stand point the edge with a 300SMK probably has very little advantage. however with the 250 SMK I bet its a noticable advantage.

that means you have approximately .384 of the shank in your case plus the boat tail. Thant means with the edge the bullet has to be seated just over .050 deeper than with the 338 RUM to fit in the wyatts extended mag box. the edge is .090 longer than the RUM so you do gain about .040 and some change case length with the edge. from the guy that stand point of a guy that needs everything its worth it probably but from an economical stand point the edge with a 300SMK probably has very little advantage. however with the 250 SMK I bet its a noticable advantage.
im not sure but i think i might be able to go a little farther out and fit the box but things are working great so im not going to fix anything.
mike

You will come out cheaper finding a cheap mk 5 wby action. It is the best for building the 338-300 ultramag. All you do is screw the barrel in. No extra money involved for magazines or trigger or any other modification. Check pawn stores and gun racks all over.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.