Need advice on custom gun

david3544

Have enjoyed and learned a lot from all the experience of everyone here and for that I say a big thankyou. Great website! Now, I need some advice on which way to go on custom gun. Sent Barney Lawton MarkV Accumark that I could not get to group. After reading a lot of posts on the MarkV action I am concerned about it's performance but regardless it is in the hands of a expert. Currently in the rifle stable I have a 7stw and 6.5stw(Lawton 28 bar., rem 700 action). Wanted to build something in 30 caliber for some hard to find long-range shooting in SC. 700-1000. What direction should I go? Thanks.

i had a 300 rum that i really liked sold it worst thing i ever did!
if you have a 7stw you might want to go a little bigger than the 300rum
gun)

Thanks Michael. Was actually considering 300RUM. Would like to get to 200 gr. for range work, open up my possibilities for heading west, and not take me out of the whitetail category. Also 28 inch barrel plus break is about as long as I wanted to go.

i had a rem 700 action with a 26 inch sendero profile barrel without a break not a good idea unless you like pain i was useing a 200gr accubond and getting around 3200fps i only shot one deer with it and it was not a pretty thing but the buck was at 50 yards thats a little close

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.