Need advice on Christensen Arms Rifle

So do I forget the Christensen Arms Ridgeline? It's everything I want in a rifle.

What else do I get that is lightweight and accurate?

I wouldn't consider a custom as I'm in Australia and gunsmiths are few and very far between.
I would take advice from the guys who actually own a Ridgeline, rather than listen to people who "know a guy who had buddy who owns a Christensen but they don't know what model it was and they suck"

got out and started breaking in my 300WM Ridgeline yesterday. Taking me a bit to adjust to the stock as I've just been shooting chassis rifles recently. Just using some cheap federal blue box ammo and my first two 3-shot groups were just under 1". Figure thats not bad with cheap ammo and me still getting comfortable on the stock. Rifle is very light but the Area419 Hellfire tames it pretty well.

Thank you, that's good to hear. Whatever I go with will sport a TBAC CB brake for my can.
Good call. I have a 30 Cal Ultra 7 but with cleaning after each shot during break-in I just went with the brake on the rifle. Once I'm past next 2 groups I'll be using the suppressor.

Mine in 300 RUM is shooting sub moa with 200gr AB reloads and a TBA Phalanx Titanium Suppressor.

I couldn't get use to the stock so I put it in a HS stock off a Remington 5R and bedded it, which made a big difference.

I'm looking to get my second Ridgeline soon in .308 with the 20" barrel.

I don't have a Ridgeline, but I do have a Mesa in 6.5CM. I was shopping for a new hunting rifle, and I held a number of the popular 6.5's (Tikka, Howa, Bergara, etc.) In my hands, the CA felt the best and fit me perfectly. Consistently shoots ~.5 MOA, and I've been thrilled with it. I did hold the Ridgeline, but it was heavier than what I was looking for. I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

now that Tikka was brought up, that does remind me of one thing. The action on the Christensen is definitely not as smooth as on my Tikkas. Both my CTR and my TAC A1 are noticeable smoother in operation. If Tikka had a factory rifle with CF barrel I'd probably pick that over Christensen.

I'm definitely after a CF barrel and stock. I naturally gravitate towards a custom build but with everything I've been hearing about the impressive group's factory rifles are producing these days I wanted to give them a solid look.

I don't have a Ridgeline, but I do have a Mesa in 6.5CM. I was shopping for a new hunting rifle, and I held a number of the popular 6.5's (Tikka, Howa, Bergara, etc.) In my hands, the CA felt the best and fit me perfectly. Consistently shoots ~.5 MOA, and I've been thrilled with it. I did hold the Ridgeline, but it was heavier than what I was looking for. I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

The Ridgeline is lighter than the Mesa

I'm thinking about the same rifle, 300 RUM Christensen Arms Ridgeline.

For $2,000 It seems like an amazing rifle.
I want it for back country mountain hunting.

Anyone used or have one?

Any reason not to buy one of these?
For $2000 you are buying at the wrong place. Grab a gun has them a lot cheaper. And you can buy the elr in the rum for $2240 I think. Less than 2300.

So do I forget the Christensen Arms Ridgeline? It's everything I want in a rifle.

What else do I get that is lightweight and accurate?

I wouldn't consider a custom as I'm in Australia and gunsmiths are few and very far between.
Shane no don't forget the Ridgeline, I know several people that has them including me . But I f I was you I would call them talk to them , and call the store you are buying from talk to them , tell them what you heard and make your own decisions. Mine loves nosler 200gr accubond, and hornady 220 eldx.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.