Need advice on ATACR vs X5

kielwhite

Going to finally step up and replace the scope on my current mod 70 270 Wsm. Currently got a 3x9 Nikon buck master and pretty sold into purchasing a custom 6.5prc in a couple years. But upcoming buck season for me in Hawai'i is in four months and I feel like I need a better optic especially after shooting my friends Swarovski X5. I'm pretty hard on my gear and lucky to be able to hunt year around. I know the Swarovski is better glass just not sure if I spend that money if I'm going to bust it up. Either Swarovski x5 or ATACR 5-25. Been going back and forth for past month

I'm running an X5 at the moment, it's been fine through several rough alpine hunts and the glass is excellent. Biggest factor in choosing it was the weight. The X5 is nearly a pound lighter than the ATACR

I have both and the glass in the X5 is definately better to my eyes.
If you're interested, I have an extra X5 5-25 with the BRM reticle. The build I was planning to put it on isn't going to happen anytime soon.

X5 was fine for me in Alaska for Moose and Sheep, and has continued to be fine in Colorado for the last two years. I have both sizes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.