Need advice - Backpack upgrade

Only read first couple pages so maybe this was covered.
I like Kifaru for carrying more weight. They are a "heavy" pack but if I'm hauling out a heavy load I want comfort. They are also indestructible.
I had an older Kifaru tumble off a knife edge and bomb down a scree/boulders for 200-300yds and it only broke a buckle and small tear. It was loaded with 35-40lbs of gear. Spotter didn't do so well haha.
The Kuiu I had for one trip and it squeaked under load and drove me nuts. It was light weight though…
I would prefer to have a pack that weighs 1 or 2 pounds more that is comfortable and can carry how ever much weight I need. The difference between 84 and 85.5lbs on your back is nothing.
But if you walk a while and your pack doesn't carry the load well…it makes a 60lb pack feel like an 80lb pack.
To summarize I will hunt for 10days carrying around an extra 1.5lbs with 20lbs on my back to make my pack out with 85-90lbs not feel like 100+lbs.

I've used Kuiu, mystery ranch, badlands, kifaru and Initial Ascent. My favorite is the Initial Ascent after using it the last four years. Had 100+ pound loads multiple times. Carries weight very well,
Just curious if you compared the Initial Ascent to an Exo. They look similar in build. I have an Exo but also like the looks of the IA4

Just curious if you compared the Initial Ascent to an Exo. They look similar in build. I have an Exo but also like the looks of the IA4
I have not had the opportunity to try EXO but I have heard good things about it. I couldn't find anyone with one to try and they wouldn't send a demo to me. I think the main difference is the frame, the IA is carbon fiber and super bomber.

I have not had the opportunity to try EXO but I have heard good things about it. I couldn't find anyone with one to try and they wouldn't send a demo to me. I think the main difference is the frame, the IA is carbon fiber and super bomber.
Thank you! Will darn sure check them out

I was just organizing my man cave and realized I have too many packs. I have a mystery ranch metcalf (used on a couple trips-no blood) and a Kifaru 44 mag on a duplex frame (both brand new) that I could part with. DM me if interested. If not I will put on the classifieds this spring.

I went Exo this year and am impressed with a few nights out during archery season.

Found the material quieter than Mystery Ranch

Kifaru is the only one I have experience
With and would not have it any other way. 100% USA made down to the stitch. And that means a lot to me. Used mainly for multi day hunts. Have packed an elk out with it with weight exceeding 100 lbs and no issues at all. The many bags that r available u shouldn't have an issue finding one that suits u the best. They range from day packs to expedition style packs for extended stays in the woods.

I'm planning to upgrade my hunting pack and hopefully utilize a Black Friday sale to save a little money.
I've got buddies that swear by their Kifaru, Kuiu Pros, Mystery Ranch (which I have) and Exos.
I used an Eberlestock F1 Mainframe with various attachments for a few years before I graduated myself to a Mystery Ranch. Both of these are quite heavy systems and I'm looking to cut a lot of weight.
I'm not set on one yet, but have narrowed those under consideration.
I have never owned anything from Kuiu that wasn't bombproof, so their pack is quite high on my list.
A newer player in the game is Initial Ascent. I really like what they're about and the pack system they offer. They supposedly carry better as the weight gets heavier.
The other I'm considering is the Exo K3, just because tons of guys love this one. Joseph Von Benedikt gave their pack a glowing review and endorsement after paying for one himself for a recent hunt he did.
Anyone have experience with all three packs or one at the very least, feel free to sound off and sway me towards one of these three.
I still use my Eberlestock F1 Mainframe with the new Vapor 5000 bag love it they pretty light.

I tested a EXO and KUIU for a couple months. Almost the same I went KUIU. Edit..... The kuiu 3200 has better nylon heavier and more water resistant than the 4000. Not a big advertising point they mention

BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE IS WAIT FOR A SALE!!!!

I still use my Eberlestock F1 Mainframe with the new Vapor 5000 bag love it they pretty light.
I have an abnormally long torso and couldn't get that Mainframe adjusted enough to sit correctly. That's what got me started down the "What's better" path.

I Hade a initial accent frame and it was very good quality and carried weight great. I bought a kifaru frame and diffraction bags for my different hunts. As much as I liked the initial accent I love my kifaru. I have packed out hole hogs with no problems with hot spots or pinch points.

Attachments

• 12328.jpeg
    12328.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 12329.jpeg
    12329.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 85
I Hade a initial accent frame and it was very good quality and carried weight great. I bought a kifaru frame and diffraction bags for my different hunts. As much as I liked the initial accent I love my kifaru. I have packed out hole hogs with no problems with hot spots or pinch points.
That's excellent information! Thanks 🙏 Still have time before preseason scouting begins to land on a decision.