Need advice-1 piece shooting rests??

Seven Oaks

Hi everyone,

Need some advice on what to buy for a shooting rest, retiring the old sandbag....hard as concrete.

Should I get a 1 piece rest, 2 bags or a rear bag and adjustable front rest.

For now, most of my shooting will be no further than 500 yds.

Thanks in advance.

Dee

It sounds like you are shooting off a bench. If that's the case, you will be best served with a high quality adjustable front rest and your choice of the many rear bags offered.
The one piece rests are certainly the best option to enhance your accuracy but not needed for what you are doing.
After some "bench shooting", you can replace the front rest with a bi pod, and utilize the rear bag for some belly shooting.

Hi everyone,

Need some advice on what to buy for a shooting rest, retiring the old sandbag....hard as concrete.

Should I get a 1 piece rest, 2 bags or a rear bag and adjustable front rest.

For now, most of my shooting will be no further than 500 yds.

Thanks in advance.

Dee
Doesn't matter if you are shooting 100 yards or 10 feet. stable is good. unstable is bad. A good solid mechanical front rest for the bench, a bipod for the field. Get yourself a good rear bag that is filled with something that will not absorb moisture and you will be fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts