Need a scope for my Remington 700 sps acc .308

Bigrhino1975

This is my first long gun / I have no idea how to go about getting the right scope / I talk to the guys at my local shops and I get 50 different answers / if you could please give the new guy some help / thank you Ryan

In order to give you a good answer we will need more information. The most important question is what do you plan on using the rifle for? Hunting and for what at what range? Target shooting if so at what ranges? Then we would need to know your budget. After that we can give you options based on your use not just our favorites. Hope this helps.

The good new is there are many optics that will fit your needs. The only question is how much do you have to spend? For a budget optic I'm a fan of the fixed power. The lease expensive option I could recommend would be the swfa ss in either a fixed 6x or 10x for 299.00. If you want a variable there are not to many I like until you get to the Vortex PST line and those run in the 700-900 range depending on if you want First focal plane. Either optic will easily get you beyond 500 yards. If your going to stay inside 500 yards there really is no need to spend anymore than the Vortex pst unless you just want a better scope just for bragging rights. There are also any number of other options that will work inside 500 but I recommend getting one you can stretch out a little more. Once you bitten by the long range bug it's hard to shake.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.