need a review on the target camcorders out there

joseph, that is a smoking deal! You could set it up on a cheap DVD player screen and probably be good to go. That may be the best deal I have seen yet if set-up is smooth.

The Sony listed above is over $1K, not sure what it is capable of but I am not putting a $1K camera anywhere near an area I am lobbing bullets at. gun)

I just put one of these systems together similar to the one on accurate shooter. I had a old Linksys router sitting in a box that worked perfectly once I set it up correctly. I used a TPlink IP camera you can find for about $100. I will use my laptop to view the camera. The camera leaves a little to be desired and only has about a 12-15 good range for for bullet holes, but that was an indoor test. I am also going to try and see if a Yagi antenna will work you can pick them up on eBay for around $30 with a claimed 2 mile line of site range.

If I get it working I will post the plans and a few pics. The cool thing with the linksys is you can view the IP address over your smartphone web browser so you don't have to carry the screen to the target with you to line everything up.

So far I have less than $150 into it minus battery power which I have not set up yet. If you had to buy all the components from scratch it would be about $250-$300 depending on the camera you go with. The sky is the limit with how much you can spend on a camera.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.