Need a reasonably prices scope for a 17 wsm rimfire

giannid

I just purchased a new Savage 17 Bmg WSM to take care of some varmints around the property. I like good glass on my rifles but just want something decent for this rifle. I'd like to spend $200 to $300 for it, maybe a little more. Anyone have any recommendations?

I just purchased a new Savage 17 Bmg WSM to take care of some varmints around the property. I like good glass on my rifles but just want something decent for this rifle. I'd like to spend $200 to $300 for it, maybe a little more. Anyone have any recommendations?

Please don't laugh!!!

Your local Walmart sporting goods counter....

Under the glass will be several to choose from AND you can compare them looking in the dark of the furthest corner of the room look at the definition on the bolt heads, nuts and steel trellis, put the scopes side by side on the counter...

For a 17s range this will work fine...

One of my boys 22 rifles wasn't shooting right at 50 yards, I left other 3 sons and made the 45 minute round trip (including purchase) with my 4th son. We both liked the same scope. 4-12x40 bargain leupold...

he sighted in at 50 yards on a 100+ year old western field 22 that belonged to my grandpa that he hunted squirrels with in pre depression DENVER... INSIDE CITY LIMITS!

LONG STORY SHORT

8 YEAR OLD son was shooting 15 shot? 1ft groups with a 100byr old 4th generation 22 at 200 yards less than 4 hours after determining the 40+ year old scope had failed!

That was over 10 years ago

Have not touched it since....

Thanks wal mart...

Btw did the same with daughter and 40 yr old 3rd generation firing 223 savage and a cheap Redfield/leupold scope...

Wally world is occasionally useful for more than a affordable TV and Mac n cheese!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.