Need a new stock weatherby backcountry

I had the same thing happen on my 300 wby Backcountry and the replaced it with a Fibermark stock. It is heavier, but since then no issues.
A friend also had the same thing happen. Although, I do know a few more with Backcounty's and no issues.
This is good to know Im not the first one having a problem with these.

Was there a lead-sled or similar device used during any shooting sessions? Have seen a few stock failures with shooters utilizing such devices to make bench shooting tolerable. My Backcountry TI is a gem to pack around and a tack driver when needed......it's a witch on the bench. 6.5 RPM, Z3 in Talley rings. 5:14.5oz loaded with sling. No brake, as it is bored for 30 plus cal and doesn't make much difference other than extra noise, weight, and length.

No lead sled here, just shot off sand bags and prone from a bipod with both rifles. I didnt find the break to make a difference on the 6.5 rpm so I didnt use it either

I am wondering how this came out? Since the Backcountry first edition stock was such a fail they have since come with the BC 2.0 with the Peak 44 stock. They are amazing, light and strong. With all due respect @Dr. Richard Gray, the Peak 44 at 20 oz. is significantly lighter than wood. I am curious if Wby. replaced quartermans stocks with Peaks?