Need a new stock weatherby backcountry

quarterman

I have 2 weatherby mark v backcountry rifles one is the titainium. the 300 wby has 40 rounds through it and the 6.5 RPM has about 60 rounds through it. Now the problem. They both have AG Composites stocks on them from the factory and both stocks have already cracked from the front aluminum pillar back through the recoil lug bedding surface through to the magazine well. Im really unimpressed with both of these stocks failing right away.

Does anyone have a recomendation for a lightweight, strong stock of a similar design that they have used on their weatherby mark v ?

Please update us with what they say. I would not be shocked if they want to have the stocks returned for inspection.

I have many Bell & Carlsons, which are nice stocks but not so much lightweight.
For lighter weight, contact McMillan and ask for the Edge fill. Yes, you will wait but they are excellent stocks.

Did you happen to call AG Composites as well?

They are a very nice stock. but there is obviously a flaw/ weak spot. Ill keep everyone posted on how things go. I did send an email to AG composites yesterday but havent got a response. I was looking on the mcmillan website and that may be the route I go if I dont find another ultralite option. Even bell and carlson is only around 8 ounces heavier. Id like to keep things as light as possible as I hunt really steep country. Plus stone sheep open in 3 months so Im in a bit of a time crunch.

Proof use to make stocks,they do for there own .They might be to busy now,the summit is a light stock,before Proof had them it was Lonewolf have one on my 340wby for over ten year,something like 16 oz,cant recall exact have one on my 338NM that is 7-2 oz bare 11 years running

Proof sells a really nice ultralight stock but i dont know if they inlet for the Wby action. But id give them a call. Good luck on the stock and your hunts