Need a new Semi Auto shotgun!

I guide waterfowl hunters 60 days a year in the Texas Panhandle, geese, ducks, cranes.... I have seen every brand on the market in one capacity or another. My goto gun is an old SBE Hk...10,000 plus rounds easily.and yes ive ordered some parts from Brownells to keep it running. I seldom see the need for 3.5" shells unless you just like head aches. If shooting 3.5 shells is not a huge deal you cant go wrong with M-2 or the 390 AL sport. Ive seen and herd great things about the new Rem... versa max too. I have partners with X-2s still powding out rounds after 6 years too. great gun. Most important is that it fits you and swings nice for you. In a heavy coat inertia guns are not too bad. Gas guns are softer but IMO have reliabilyty issues. I have let clients borow my guns because of malfunctions numerous times. Its seem that Mosbergs lead the pack in that area closly followed by browning golds and older browning autos. What ever you choose keep them clean and lean. A good synthetic oil like rem oil but not too much.
Good luck.... and remember its not the arrow its the indian.

and my spell check is not working... sorry

I have been looking around the past couple weeks for a new auto loading shotgun and have come across a few that catch my eye. The Browning Maxus is one, the Bretta Extreme II is another and my favorite so far is the Benelli Super Black Eagle II. This will be my first auto loading shotgun and would love some advice.
The Bereeta X-Trema....is #1, on the list...Then the Benelli SBEagle...Check your local pawn shops...I just got a Beretta Mod.1200....$30.00/ and A Winchester Mod 1200,,,$250.00...Go for the Beretta , IF you have the $$$....Wolfie 223 in fla...Getting ready for DUCKS..!!!lightbulb

The benellies are great shotguns. But if you care about cost at all they are not easy on the Wallet. That's why I picked up a Stoger M3500. From the research I have done many people conclude it is the same action as the benneli auto loaders though the internals are not polished to as high of a quality. Also this shotgun will cycle anything from low brass trap loads up to 3.5" bb shot steel loads. I have had mine for a few years now and have fired around 4-5000 trap loads and probably 4-500 3.5" shells and atleast as many 3" and other sporting loads in it. Not once has this gun every given me a single problem, no FTF fte no nothing. Also I do run a swag through it every now and again and oil it up but I only take the rifle completely down every 1000 rounds or so. There's never been any worn parts and after firing some rounds through it I think you'd be hard pressed to find fhe difference between the polished benneli and this guns action. Again if you Sanctus benneli and you've got the money go for it. But this shotgun cost me 600 where the benneli would have cost me 1400 for a little extra polishing. I highly advise you check this shotgun out.

Also on a side note my girlfriend who's 5'0 and 110lbs shoots this shotgun and has no problem with recoil.

+1 for the Stoeger! Had a M2000(only 3inch shells) and now have a P-350 both are great. Probably one of the lightest kicking guns and lightest on the wallet for the semi auto. Another good thing about them is since theyre owned by benilli almost all the parts are interchangable i believe. Hard part is finding them, but whoever sells benelli should be able to order you a stoeger. Haven't had it long but put it throught pure hell the first week of the season this year and went through a good 6 to 7 boxes of ammo while only a quick wipedown once and never had a single issue.

I have been looking around the past couple weeks for a new auto loading shotgun and have come across a few that catch my eye. The Browning Maxus is one, the Bretta Extreme II is another and my favorite so far is the Benelli Super Black Eagle II. This will be my first auto loading shotgun and would love some advice.

NO..!!!! NO..!!!! NO...!!!
do not buy the super black eagle 2..!!!! l have owned 2 sbe2 and a super nova. benelli is a crap gun. it advertises it self verry well with tom knap lieing for them ambot you cant beet the triger and it never jams and bla bla bla. not true. it actualy is the worst jaming gun on the market today. eaven with a little dust it wont cycle. you can beet the triger aswell. and the worst is the parts loosen up during time and you end up with a wobbley and creeky terrible gun. go buy a browning m8. afterall thay where the first in the bussenes. l own a borowning fusion evolve classic. and it hasnt jamed yet. and it looks nice aswell. maxus equally nice. buy a wood stock. not that wobly and creepy plastic **** :=)

Just buy a 11-87 Waterfoul model. Then go to shotgunworld.com forms look up Remington 1100 11-87 Maintaince tips learn how to take care of it & you will have as good a gun as any Auto Made....... Just FYI a 1100 still holds the record for most shots fired without malfunction or parts breakage. You can Google it on Wikipedia. I have shot trap & skeet for 36 years & seen all kinds of guns & I will tell you they all break in time from usage but my Remington's Autos I use have no more problems than most & to tell you the truth better than most but I take care of my guns so they take care of me. #1 in buying a gun is how it fits you. Close your eyes shoulder it then open your eyes if the rib is flat & bead on top you have a winner.

Just buy a 11-87 Waterfoul model. Then go to shotgunworld.com forms look up Remington 1100 11-87 Maintaince tips learn how to take care of it & you will have as good a gun as any Auto Made....... Just FYI a 1100 still holds the record for most shots fired without malfunction or parts breakage. You can Google it on Wikipedia. I have shot trap & skeet for 36 years & seen all kinds of guns & I will tell you they all break in time from usage but my Remington's Autos I use have no more problems than most & to tell you the truth better than most but I take care of my guns so they take care of me. #1 in buying a gun is how it fits you. Close your eyes shoulder it then open your eyes if the rib is flat & bead on top you have a winner.

Shotgunworld and I do not get along...but if I were to pick one shotgun to go with.. it would be the new super vinci...well...maybe a super black eagle II...or.. if you wanted a pump id go with a supernova...or if you wanted a tactical gun id say go with the M4... orrrr if you...

Well I think you get the point...:D

i live on the Texas cost me and allot of buds shoot SBE2 as long as you clean the blac k on the bolt it will never rust, and even if its rusty it will never jam i love mine.

My money went to the Maxus. It's a great gun I really like the way it handles and swings. I'm very pleased with it but I have found 2 down falls that I dislike but they aren't that big of a deal they are probably really only my personal problem. #1 I hate the magazine shut off lever!!! I really wish they had a receiver without it. There have been numerous times where it has accidentally been flipped on while moving thru the brush or in the lay out blind and all of a sudden you have a really expensive single shot! Ducks and geese don't usually hangout for you to figure your **** out if you weren't on your game. #2 I would like to be able to put an extended tube on for when we are in South and North Dakota snow goose hunting it would be nice to have a few more shells in the tube when the birds really cooperate. Other than those two things great gun have shot probably 2500-3000 rounds thru it from trap shooting, duck, goose, grouse, pheasants basically anything and everything. Keep it clean and it will keep you happy.

I do all my Duck hunting with a Benelli M2 20ga..........Last year I killed a lot of Ducks and never once felt that I needed a 12 ga...............Some day I used ITX shot others just Kent Fast Steel..............and the M2 makes for a great upland gun to.

Well Ima throw my 2 sense in. I like the Remington Versamax. Not only is it reliable but easy to shoot. Its also nice in camo.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.