Need a new safe!!!!

Remington92

Hey all not sure if I'm in the right spot for this but I need some recommendations for a new safe. Right now I've got a crummy Winchester tractor supply safe and half the time the ecombo works and half the time it doesn't so she's going down the river.

For a sub $2000 safe how makes the best around 48gun size safe? Considering liberty FATBOY Jr, cannon, browning, champion, or scheels brand (who makes this?)

I have a liberty Fatboy safe. With the dial lock. It has been a good safe. I'll give the age old advice, buy one a size bigger than you think you will need. They fill up fast.

I have a Browning ProSteel Hunter series. I opted for the dial combo rather than the elock. Says it holds 40 long guns. But in all reality, it comfortably and safely holds about 18-20. I skip every other space to keep my rifles from contacting each other. The door holds my shotguns.

I was in this same delema a couple years ago.....the more I researched the more confused/conflicted I became! I finally came to the point where I realized that unless I spent big money, a theif could get in with enough time. I than went back and looked at fire rating vs cost. I settled on the fat boy jr, and have been very happy with it, although like jd9770 said on size, I wish I had bought the full size. I had to drive a ways to find one with a dial lock, which is something I would highly recommend.

A friend just moved to North Carolina and was in need of a safe, and with the cost of the move he decided to go with a Steelwater safe and hasn't been the least bit sorry. They delivered it right to his garage too.

Tagging in.

I have a Cannon EX48 or something like that. Don't know the total firearm count in it, probably 2-3 ;), but the wife is talking about me getting a second. It seems that it doesn't hold AR style weapons well, definitely need something reconfigured, not sure if there are dedicated safes for that.

Who makes new internals for these safes? I'm thinking about taking everything out and looking to see how I can change the config to better work for me. You get a few big scopes in it and there is definitely worry about scraping them up, don't really want to dig up a Nightforce or vortex..

In my safe, I've actually had to turn a few upside-down. Bolts always get in the way and I don't want to remove them for fear of accidentally putting the wrong bolt in the wrong gun. I know my guns well, but that's why they call it an accident.

I've got a cannon 80 gun safe with the digital lock. My father has 2 43 gun cannon safes and for a cheaper safe they seem to work well and are set up well with door pistol pockets.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.