Need a NEW Hand Primer (with tray) Suggestions Please !

If I weren't already invested in the Lee model, I'd likely go the Frankfurt Arsenal route. For high volume hand priming, the Lee has been great. Its die cast handle has been its Achilles heel, but for the price, it's been an outstanding piece of equipment.

I will add as a footnote, when I went looking for the frankford I had no idea they were so expensive. I lucked right into a midway sale that made it $59. I look now about $70 is the norm, but this time of year the sales keep popping up so if in no hurry watch and wait. Dave

Frankford Owners (users)..how sensitive is it? I use the K&M Deluxe for "precision" loads...could the Frankfort replace my K&M ? Tempted to get the new LEE for quantity pistol loads, (LOOKING MONEY WISE), but if the Frankfort is as good as K&M, I might just get it and use for all. I know if Long Range shooters are using it, it must do very well ???

frankford all day, it is build to last. Ive had others, but they broke or had issues and almost gave up on a hand held primer's

Howdy Guys n Gals. I use a K&M single for my Rifles and I love it ! BUT... I am going to purchase a new one for those lazy days, kicked back in the recliner, when I prime my pistol brass by the hundreds. I have the LEE Bench Primer, which uses the same trays as their new Hand Primers, but I'd like to hear what y'all are using...Pros n Cons. I like my Bench Primer, but after 50-100 rounds, my ole back starts killing me...due to the angle I lean off my stool. What's your thoughts on what's out there ?
the lyman is my favorite I bought two that way I have a tray for small and large magnum and standard primers and a back up tool if something breaks and I like the fact it uses shell holders

Frankford Owners (users)..how sensitive is it? I use the K&M Deluxe for "precision" loads...could the Frankfort replace my K&M ? Tempted to get the new LEE for quantity pistol loads, (LOOKING MONEY WISE), but if the Frankfort is as good as K&M, I might just get it and use for all. I know if Long Range shooters are using it, it must do very well ???
Well your asking me a question that I can't answer without having used or owned the K&M. I can compare it to the rcbs hand priming tool and it is easier to feel the primer seat for sure. I really like the ability to seat primers to a certain depth and it feeds primers from the tray flawlessly. Fits my hand better and for me was a step up from what I had. I've heard K&M deluxe are fine tools but thats all I know about them. Dave

Get the Frankford arsenal and don't look back it is all metal very rugged you can set the depth to set your primers and it comes with all the shell holders what more could you want

Get the Frankford arsenal and don't look back it is all metal very rugged you can set the depth to set
72768331-3FC1-44D9-9353-3385B030E1E8.jpeg
C1C23D89-8651-4416-95A8-A716911BF8F2.jpeg
your primers and it comes with all the shell holders what more could you want

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.