Need a new gunsmith...........

Catahoula

Hey Guys,
The gunsmith I have been using since I moved here 10 years ago is really sick with cancer. He is the best gunsmith I have ever been around. Does anyone know of a good smith in the southeastern Idaho country? Considering one in Bozeman, MT because my daughter lives there and I spend a fair amount of time there fishing and shooting with her. I am awful fussy about who works on my guns.
Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk,

Ray Montomery, Longmont Colorado does good work w/quick turn around. Was recommended to my by Dan Lilja. It was a good recommendation.

Avoid Rexburg. . . by the lumber yard (Home Depot or whatever it is)

I've not come across any locals that were proven.

Doya have any pics of your dogs? If so PM me. Just interested in looks.:)

Local secrets can be a little hard to find! Gunsmithing is not rocket science. Its attention to detail! Turn around time is not an indication of quality! Look for the Old guy that does not need your business. He is probably a grouchy ole fart that has no problems with saying " go buy a book and do it yourself" He will never misrepresent himself and is always willing to tell you where you need to go!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts