Need a new 300 win mag. Need help.

Thanks for the input. Yes, I've had a 300 win mag, and yes it goes boom. I have a 308 pss that I am also putting a NF on, and I have 30-06, 270, 3030, 243, 22-250's etc. im just looking for a long range gun I can take out west for elk, moose, bear, etc. Really, I just don't know the difference between those rem models, and i didnt knkw sako and tikka had those moa guarantees. That's pretty strong out of the box! Thanks!
I noted that your collection has a lack of a 7mm (.284) caliber chambering.

If you want an out west hunting rifle, I'd look for one with the word Western in the name, since it was designed for that speciific purpose. The 7mm STW (Shooting Times Westerner).

None of those rifles are offered in that caliber from the factory anymore, so what I would do, is go pick me up a brand new Sendero SFII chambered in 7mm RemMag, and take it to my gunsmith. Then have him open the chamber up to 7mm STW. Cheap, quick, and easy.

I have a Remington Sendero SFII in a .300 win mag. I have had it skim bedded, put a timney trigger on, and an APS Brake. I shot 190 Berger Vld's last year, this year I made the switch to the 215's. After some load development I am shooting sub MOA groups @ close range, and will be validating at longer ranges this week. If my on game performance is similar to others on this site I could have a very potent combination on my hands. Time will tell. I will say that once I seem to find the right seating depth, my gun just flat shoots about anything well, some combos very well. The one thing I like about the Sendero is that it is highly customizable to whatever option you may choose. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.