Need a math check

winmagman

I recently bought a set of burris signature rings and an offset kit. I am looking to add 15 moa to my up adjustment. I put a +.005 in the bottom of the front ring and a 0 in the top of the front. In the rear I have a +.020 on the bottom and a 0 on the top. Originally I thought this would work but I've been thinking about it so much I've confussed myself.(easily done) Any help or reassurance would be appreciated. Thanks

STOP!!!!!!!!

The rings are in pairs...the +20 and the -20 stay together. To add 15 MOA, in the front (muzzle end), put the -10 on the bottom and the +10 on the top. In the back put the +5 on the bottom and the -5 on the top.

Lee, Thanks again. I don't know how I missed the "use them in sets" part of the instructions but I did. Took them apart and put them together per your advice (the right way) everything just seemed to fall into place. Appreciate the help.

I'm just getting into this long range business myself and I've not been able to help many folks out here, so I'm glad I could help you out.
grin.gif

Those Burris Signature rings are really fantastic. I've got at least 4 sets of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.