Need a gunsmith

ropeNshoot

I've got a rem700 .300win mag. It's the one with a B&C M40 stock. 26" 5r fluted barrel. I just purchased a McMillan A4 stock and I plan on using a bartlein MTU contour barrel with badger dbm. My question is this, can anyone recommend a good gunsmith that can true the action and bolt and rebarrel the rifle? And bed the stock as well? I was thinking of sending it to Southern Precision but they aren't doing rebarrel jobs for new customers right now. I live in NE TX but I'm happy to send it to a reputable smith out of state if I need to.

Thanks

Short Action Customs out of OH. Ive had 2 barrled action done from them, a 300WM and 260 remington. Very pleased with their services and super friendly

I've got a rem700 .300win mag. It's the one with a B&C M40 stock. 26" 5r fluted barrel. I just purchased a McMillan A4 stock and I plan on using a bartlein MTU contour barrel with badger dbm. My question is this, can anyone recommend a good gunsmith that can true the action and bolt and rebarrel the rifle? And bed the stock as well? I was thinking of sending it to Southern Precision but they aren't doing rebarrel jobs for new customers right now. I live in NE TX but I'm happy to send it to a reputable smith out of state if I need to.

Thanks
Have you tried their cohorts up north?? Northern Precision in upstate Indiana now.

I used S&S Precision Rifles in Argyle (looks like they moved their shop to Denton) a couple years ago when I spent a year in Dallas. Only work I ever had them do was threading barrels for brakes.

I spoke with one of the owners for quite a while when I was in and he gave me a tour of the back shop. They seemed very knowledgeable and were fairly well known around there amongst the benchrest guys. Not sure how close you are to DFW but they were who I chose when I was looking around there.

morning, if u live near Hempstead, TX. call Pete Pieper at

Precision Barrel Work. look up the site and has all the prices

for machine work. Excellent work, great person. does all my

custom work.TK. U.lightbulb:)gun)

Thanks everybody for getting back to me!

I spent part of this morning visiting with Brett and Lee at DavTac in Bossier City, LA. They seem to have a great shop and we're able to answer all of my questions. I'm probably going to carry my rifle to them next week. Has anybody here dealt with them or know anything about them?

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts