Need a good shooting pad

Ok the light one for $18 on midway doesn't seem to have the strap to push the bipod into. The $$40 one has them.
Any preference? I'm not to picky on price both are cheap enough. Just wondering if the straps would be a benefit? I see some guys like them.

Ok the light one for $18 on midway doesn't seem to have the strap to push the bipod into. The $$40 one has them.
Any preference? I'm not to picky on price both are cheap enough. Just wondering if the straps would be a benefit? I see some guys like them.
Better to have and not need/want, then the opposite. If price is no issue, get the $40 one

I would look on Midway and eBay to get an idea of what is available at different price ranges, and the get one that looks like it will work for you. THEN after using it, you can decide if you want to upgrade or change it out for another one with different features, etc. I found a sleeping bag at the local Army Navy store with a rubberized bottom to keep it dry. I added a cheesy foam exercise pad inside and use it as a base for my other at when it is wet where I am shooting. Total comfort with it as well!

I have a Tac Force,sniper drag bag, scabbard/matt,trifold.4 buckle,handle ,detach sling.23x49 open,8x 11 folded.Has small pouch and bullet loops in side.

Last edited:
This is the one I use , it has the bipod loading strap and it helps a lot. I hear people saying they use moving blankets and sleeping bags, thats great and can work until you hit an area with cactus and huge loathed stickers and such or it starts raining or snowing. A good mat is worth its weight in gold. just make sure if you live in an area it gets hot don't buy one with black on it.
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/939101910

Last edited:
I have the lightweight Midway one that lives in my pack. It is also good for sitting on when glassing or for laying stuff out on when field dressing. I also bought one of their padded ones for long range days when not having the padding makes things miserable. I can't imagine carrying that one for actual hunting; it is too bulky.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.