Need a good floating dot type scope for varmints.

Ohlongarm

Any ideas seems scope manufacturers have left varmint hunters by the wayside, who makes a simple floating dot with crosshairs converging but not touching , prefer illumination feature also. Purchased a Sightron but the dot is so fine the dot gets lost in commonly encountered hunting scenarios, and my eyesight is perfect plus so it's not me. THX for any potential help.

Attachments

• e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 82
The vortex G4 BDC on their Razor HD LH seems to fit your desire. They make a 3-15x44.
This is a good choice.
Also, March's FML1 or FMA1 is FFP, or MTR4, MTR5, MTR D3 w. Circle and floating dot are all cool in SFP.

MTR D3
mtrd3.png

I've got a Sig tango 6 with the MOA milling reticle. It's simple with 2 MOA marks on each stadia with a floating dot in the center. I'm not sure of the dot size but it's slightly smaller than a turkeys head on 15x at 500 yards.

Look at Hawke scopes...they have a reticle that might suite you needs. I have several of there scopes with them. Great to hunt hogs with.

If your budget allows, NX8 F2 has been my favorite floating dot reticle as of late.
Thanks for all the replies, but i've settled on a
Look at Hawke scopes...they have a reticle that might suite you needs. I have several of there scopes with them. Great to hunt hogs with.
I settled on a Hawke 6x24x50 illuminated, long rang dot reticle with holdover I believe it will work, Doug at Cameraland set me up.

Any ideas seems scope manufacturers have left varmint hunters by the wayside, who makes a simple floating dot with crosshairs converging but not touching , prefer illumination feature also. Purchased a Sightron but the dot is so fine the dot gets lost in commonly encountered hunting scenarios, and my eyesight is perfect plus so it's not me. THX for any potential help.
It's been a while, but as I recall Leupold custom shop would put a thin-wire 1/8" or 1/4" MOA dot in pretty much all of their products. I used the Leupold tapper crosshairs to a 1/4" dot for years. Cheers

Last edited: