need 7mm gibbs brass

Hello

I have never seen NEW 7MM Gibbs brass for sale unless someone was getting rid of some of their fired stuff.

All Rocky Gibbs cartridges were based on the 30/06 case. You can make your own from the 30/06 or take the 270 or 280 brass, trim the overall length to 06 measurments (about .050" off) run the case in your 7mm Gibbs die to expand the neck from .277" to .284, fire form it and you have 7mm Gibbs brass. You can also use the 280 Remington brass, trim to the overall length of the 30/06, run it in your Gibbs die and fireform that one too. No expanding of the neck if you use the 280.

The Gibbs line was a fine group of cartridges. All had the 35 Degree shoulder and held about 9 more grains of powder over the standard when fireformed.

Have fun.

DC

[ 02-08-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Hello Sniper

I wasen't sure if you guys had loaded for it before.

I have had several Gibbs guns and have always made & fireformed it myself.

Didn't know anyone was selling it already made.

Good luck

DC

What about Grayback, they advertize in VHA? (don't have one handy or I would check for ya)

I'll check later and if your still looking I'll reply with info...

Nodak

Grayback at one time did indeed sell sell the Gibbs in 7, 30 and .240...not sure if they still do.....my buddy some years ago purchased some in .240 and as I recall the shoulders were NOT fully firefomed and rounded. The brass also was very pricey. The brass was formed to the correct datum line . Of course you still had to fire once to get a perfect fireform with the 35.0 degree shoulder...hope this helps

I didn't go look, but, black hills shooters suppply should have about everything made.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.