neck turnning ?

G

what kind of neck turner? and where do I get one.I have been looking for K&M but can't seem to find one.

Buy the K & M neck turner ($88 which is much easier to use and more precise than anything else on the market. It cuts to .0002 repeatable adjustment tolerance, has a fluted carbide pilot that eliminates donuts. Nothing else does that. Most of the others are the "guess and try" adjustment type. K & M is at (717) 292-3175 and have some of the best BR/LR reloading tools made.

Among BR shooters, the top 3 are K & M, the Pumpkin ($90 on BR central), and the sinclair NT-3000 ($75-160)(www.sinclairintl.com or 260-493-1858). Must buy the expanding mandrel for the caliber from the same mftr as turner ($15). The neck turner pilot and expanding mandrel are normally .001 diff so they must both come from same mftr.

For what it is worth, do not waste your money on the sinclair 1000 ($57). It is entry level model, with no outward adjustment on the cutter, which makes it a pain in the butt to adjust, unlike the better models such as K & M and Sinclair 3000. As you get better, do more neck turning, you will find that the 1000 is not what you really need and is not user friendly compared to the others (had one before I bought the K & M)

Get a power screw driver that uses the interchangable versa pack batteries and 2-3 extra batteries. You will only get 20-40 cases per battery, depending on size of case.
Buy the sinclair power driver/caseholders (set of 3 holders and driver is $44) to put the cases in. Do not try to turn by hand, it will induce wobble and groove your necks with most people. Neck turn again (clean up) after firing first time.

You will also need a caseneck micrometer for measuring the neck thickness.
Sinclair has 2 models, $115-125 (MIC-1 or MIC-3)
Darrel Holland's case neck mic is $75 and it very good for the money. www.hollandguns.com
K & M has one for $98.
Any of the 4 above are great tools.

Good reloading tools/dies are cheap in this game and necessary, buy the best, and easiest to use. You will find this is the best money spent in learning to shoot better at LR.

Get a Sinclair, Holland, K&M and Neil Jones (www.neiljones.com) and look at all the tools and dies and talk to users of the equipment.

Good luck

BH

Get the K&M, you won't be sorry. I highly recommend the carbide mandrel also. If you call, he'll send one right out to you with an invoice.

I can vouch for that. Called Ken this morning, he said he would have one in the mail this afternoon. Send check when you get the invoice. Very nice and helpful on the phone. Take care and happy neck turning.
Wayne

BountyHunter
I just placed an order for a K&M neck turner. He was a lot of help on the phone and a nice guy thank you for the help.
Crow Mag

AWH heck I'm gonna need a third job!
grin.gif
grin.gif

More toys
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks BountyHunter I'll call tomorrow. you were lots of help thanks again.

Gunner

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.