Neck tension question.

Thanks. It shoots so well. Recently ran it out from 600-1300 yards and everything in between and it hammers plates all day. By far most accurate rifle I have.

SD is under 10. And it's NEW ADG brass with the 156 Bergers right at 3000FPS with 59g of H1000.
I very much care about brass life and if that's the only other reason to run it at .002 vs .004 well that's enough for me then.
I guess I'll try the .002 bushing.
What twist is your 6.5 PRC?

Thing about non annealed brass is it will want to spring back after sizing so I can absolutely see annealing having a major benefit for neck tension.
Doesn't hurt to give anything a try, I have .001 & .002 bushings & end up using .002 more as I found when using .001 I could move the projectile by just pressing it against something so not a good thing in a hunting rifle, maybe ok on a single feed BR rifle but not a hunter!

I anneal every case each firing on my 300 win, match prep winchester cases.I am getting 7 firings per case and use a arbor press with the gauge so I know they all seat the same amount
Seeing first hand what a huge difference annealing makes in keeping or lowering ES/SDs, I've started to anneal just about every firing depending on the cartridge. But I have been thinking I might be overdoing it. What is the general consensus on this?

Seeing first hand what a huge difference annealing makes in keeping or lowering ES/SDs, I've started to anneal just about every firing depending on the cartridge. But I have been thinking I might be overdoing it. What is the general consensus on this?
well I do my brass after every firing but that is on the 300 win mag 243 after every other and the new ^.%PRC I will find out as soon as all the parts get in

I recently had a new rifle built. Shoots absolutely amazing. Definitely a one holer. I'm use to running .001-.002 neck tension on all my reloads with every other caliber. This one I decided to just load 20-30 up with whatever I had until my Midway order came in. Neck tensions at .004. As mentioned, it shoots lights out. Is there any reason to change or lower the tension if it's shooting so well? Or what's the main advantages to having .001-.002 as most recommend? Thanks
NEVER change ANYTHING on on rifle that shoots perfect...There is only one way to go from there...
My .02 cents.......Hell, what do I know I sell guns that shoot perfect...lol

No doubt, if I ever do see a rifle & load combo that actually shoots perfect I would not either. Unfortunately I have never seen one anywhere in my life LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.