Neck size or full resize

Hey thanks guys I was just wondering because my brass was expanding to the point it would not fit back in my storage box once shot but fit when reloaded. Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something basic.

I used to Neck Size only. However, like many I have found that the brass gets too tight in the chamber and that changes the dynamics of the load.

Now I prefer to size the neck with a bushing and no expander ball and size the body. Currently I run redding body dies with RCBS or Forster bushing dies. It takes a little longer this way but it allows me to control the shoulder bump better. I bump .002.

This method has allowed me to chamber the loaded rounds smooth and effortlessly and seems to help with brass life.

The only thing I don't know about is accuracy. I am not sure if this is the best method for accurate loads. All my rifles seems to shoot fine, .5 MOA or less.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts