Neck size or full length size for AR 15?

CRNA

I ordered the Lee neck sizer and seater dies for my AR 15 that's on backorder. I wonder how many reloads I can get before having to full length size? Or should I full length size every time?

I actually have to use small base dies that are fl. All my shooting friend have to do the same. Just not going to chamber without full length and even possibly small base dies.

Suggest you cancel the back order, unless you have a 223 bolt gun to use the neck dies with. Rule of thumb, all brass scatterers need FL dies.:)
Ed

I have been using the RCBS FL, X dyes for about 4 years with 3 different AR rifles. Never trimmed, no failures to feed. I was skeptical about the x dye which maintains the OAL of the case each time the case is sized. It works. I get over 10+ reloads per Lapua case. Just need to follow the instructions on the initial set up od the dye.

I have been using the RCBS FL, X dyes for about 4 years with 3 different AR rifles. Never trimmed, no failures to feed. I was skeptical about the x dye which maintains the OAL of the case each time the case is sized. It works. I get over 10+ reloads per Lapua case. Just need to follow the instructions on the initial set up od the dye.
Cool on the x-dies; I was wondering if they were good or not.
+1 on full length sizing with trimming(rum em through a gauge for max length)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts