Neck Lapua 6cm brass up 25 cal

• Thread starter Deleted member 107666
  • Start date
The .284 is the outside dimension. Then you have the neck wall thickness (.012 to .015) x 2. so the inside dimension will come out around .002 tension
Ah ****, that's right. Good thing I asked. Sold all my reloading stuff about 2 years back...asked all these dumb questions back then and had it sorted...time dig out the old notes. Thanks!

If you neck up .254, then it springs back that .001 to .253, you're gonna have a bunch of neck tension, no? I was thinking .256 expecting. 001 springback, should end up with. 002 neck tension?
I'm not worried about .004 neck tension instead of .003 or .002. Everything that is once fired will be sized with a .283 or .284 bushing depending on how they shoot.

Actually, I just did some online browsing and found some Alpha Munitions OCD SRP 25 creed brass so bought some of that. Now I don't need to mess with all the resizing, etc...

Actually, I just did some online browsing and found some Alpha Munitions OCD SRP 25 creed brass so bought some of that. Now I don't need to mess with all the resizing, etc...
I saw some as well, but have 300 pics of lapua 6cm brass I'd rather not lose $$ on.

Lapua ceased production on 6mm cm. Im sure you could sell it fir what you paid. Id opt for the alpha brass myself. This is coming from a guy who's burnt up 2 25cm barrels in last 3 years, running peterson 25cm, alpha gen1 25cm, lapua65 necked down ans the new alpha ocd. The 135 lrht is a somewhat picky bullet, 133 less so in my experience. Shot lots of blackjacks, they're defunct now, do NOT buy anything as Miles will not ship. I did a trade acquiring another 1500 131s a few months ago. There is a new 134gr eldm too. The bearing on the heavy bergers and hdy are long. In all honesty a freebore of 170k is about right as you'll have 50k of jump adjustment before the pressure ring goes below neck shoulder junction. Not everyone cares about seating deep but once psi ring goes below neck, the neck tension is reduced.